Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Texting issues.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been having trouble texting these last few weeks. At first i thought it was Orange being stupid but surely this is far too long to be a problem with the network. Its not a new phone or anything infact ive had it for absolutely ages. Its a Nokia 3300. Every time I try to send a text message it just cames back at me saying 'Message not sent Try again later!'

Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated because its getting annoying now.

Comments

• Options
    i get this sometimes, and im on 02. had it happen a few times today.
  • Options
    Im on T-mobile and it was happening to me yesterday very badly, wouldnt let me send messages or recieve or calls!

Rang T-mobile and they said to take out the battery while the phone is ON and leave it for 10 seconds and then put it back in and make a phone call.

The reason he said was because i wenrt "Fully" connected to the network
  • Options
    Tried that. Hasn't worked.

Any other suggestions? Anyone.
  • Options
    Firefly-86 wrote:
    Tried that. Hasn't worked.

Any other suggestions? Anyone.

Contact your service pervioder
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    Im on T-mobile and it was happening to me yesterday very badly, wouldnt let me send messages or recieve or calls!

Rang T-mobile and they said to take out the battery while the phone is ON and leave it for 10 seconds and then put it back in and make a phone call.

The reason he said was because i wenrt "Fully" connected to the network

I've got T-mobile too and I hate them. Always having problems. Especially with text, though never calls unless I forget to pay my bill I've never called, but removing the battery and putting it back in, has so far, has always solved the problem.

Oh but now I see that hasn't worked. Have you cleaned out all your boxes? Sometimes thats my problem, a bit obvious, but it'll get ya :p
    Is your bill paid? :p
  • Options
    Yeah ive cleared all my boxes and i know ive got money in my pay as you go account thingy. Still just says 'Message not sent try again later'. Ive been trying all month and I havent been able to send a single message.
  • Options
    I'm on T-Mobile and I think they're great! Never had any problems like I did when I was with O2...
  • Options
    Firefly-86 wrote:
    Yeah ive cleared all my boxes and i know ive got money in my pay as you go account thingy. Still just says 'Message not sent try again later'. Ive been trying all month and I havent been able to send a single message.

Maybe a mistake was made and somehow the texting option was taken off of your package (I don't knowpay as you go things work) Now I'm just pulling ideas out of my ass. I remember before I put the texting option on my plan, it wouldn't let me send.

Are your customer service people nice at that company? :p
  • Options
    I dont know but theyve got a message from their website saying 'give me back my ability to send text messages' or words to that effect. To be honest I dont use it that much but when i want to use it and cant its a real pain in the ass.
  • Options
    Just ring up your network provider, and inform them of the problem and ask for some help (not that they're any help whatsoever)

I had a problem a few months back where it was sending my messages, charging me, but the same person was not receiving them. It was bloody awful. They never solved the problem and I just got a new sim in the end up. But, I complained and I got like £10 free credit on my phone :thumb:

Hope you get it sorted.
  • Options
    I could probably say this to you on msn later but - make sure your phone is set to send text messages/SMS, once I fiddled with the settings and then it wouldn't send my text messages. Other than that I would say ring them or email customer services if you, like me, don't like calling people.

If they sort the problem for you then I expect a text message! lol
  • Options
    Complain like hell to them until they decide to sort it , you mnight get compensation like Captian said :D
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Is your bill paid? :p

Contract Rules!

Just phone them.

Well dont use your phone unless it dont make phone calls! :lol: