Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help please!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Been a while since I've needed help.I'm seeing a much younger guy at the min & have been for 3 months. I have 2 kids from previous relationship.I really like this guy but we seem to be having a permanent power struggle plus I keep him & my kids seperate coz he's not really into the family thing & I'm starting to find it hard going I nearly always do the running and we spendtime at his place rather than mine ,he's always tired & sex drive comes nowhere near mine when we are together he is affectionate but when in public he likes to play the big man and trys to belittle me.We've been out on 3 proper dates and recently it was my birthday and he didn't even bother getting me a card let alone a present,I feel like shit when we've been together and I always have to text him first, although he txts female friends all the time.He never phones and also didn't introduce me to his mother as his girlfriend either.I've been under a lot of stress recently as I got pregnant to him and had a termination without him knowing I made up some random operation,I wonder if I'm better off single,I think he's just using me for sex when we do have it oh and the fact that I make his tea.HELP!!!!:banghead: :(

Comments

• Options
    it does sound like hes using you
    your kids should be your 1st priority and he should understand that.
    he doesnt sound that interested in you and i think you would be better off with someone else who really does care for you AND your kids. you deserve to be treated well, im sure there is someone else better for you, he sounds too immature. good luck
  • Options
    Thanx! I guess I know all that deep down but I just don't think I'll find anyone like that.
  • Options
    trust me, you will. it may seem like that now but thats how he probably wants you to feel. he knows your there and will come running when he clicks his fingers so there no need for him to treat you well. you deserve to have fun, not to have him bring you down, meet someone knew. you don't even need a man, just go out and have a laugh with your friends and while your having fun you may meet someone knew, you never know!
  • Options
    hiya!..iv been in a similiar situation with a younger guy, but it's definitely not as important as urs cos uv got kids involved! i totally agree with playdead, ur kids shud be ur first priority, and i agree it wont be easy to find a mature guy who'll deal with it..but when you do, you'll know that the wait was definitely worth it! it was the same with me seeing a younger guy, i did all the calling n stuff, and he was just there when he needed sex, and i refused to sleep with him though we did do other sutff! (we'd been seeing each other only for abt a month) he slept with his ex the day i left home for the summer...
    i shuould've known cos all the signs were there!
    i think all the signs are there for you too...time for you to show him the door!!:yes:
  • Options
    treesprite wrote:
    Thanx! I guess I know all that deep down but I just don't think I'll find anyone like that.

There is always someone out there.

Don't waste your time on tossers like him, You and your kids deserve better.

I really hate people like that, He wants to have what he wants from you and not give anything in return. Obviously doesn't care what you want or feel.

Show him who's boss, and ditch him! :D