Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Vitamins for the hair !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heyo,

Does anyone know of any useful vitamins which can be taken to improve the healthiness of one's hair please? My hair can sometimes become a bit brittle in the winter, and I know some people who have success with multivitamins in regards to the health of their hair.

I'm looking for maybe one which is good solely for the hair, any out there please?

Thank you for your advice. :yippe:

Comments

• Options
    I would just buy a multi vitamin, all vits/mins are essential for hair, skin, etc imo.

You could try using conditioner aswell.
  • Options
    The only things I know which are supposed to be good to take for your hair are sea kelp and evening primrose/starflower oil.

Bear in mind that anything you swallow which is supposed to be beneficial to your hair will take about 3 months to show any results!
  • Options
    Vitabiotics do a multi-vitamin called Perfectil. I think it's for women, but I'm sure they'd be okay for men!
  • Options
    Vitabiotics do a multi-vitamin called Perfectil. I think it's for women, but I'm sure they'd be okay for men!

Nice hair mate, great tits too :D
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice and links people, it is appreciated I'll have a think over the weekend and purchase something Mondeey.
  • Options
    TomUk wrote:
    Heyo,

Does anyone know of any useful vitamins which can be taken to improve the healthiness of one's hair please? My hair can sometimes become a bit brittle in the winter, and I know some people who have success with multivitamins in regards to the health of their hair.

I'm looking for maybe one which is good solely for the hair, any out there please?

Thank you for your advice. :yippe:

Indian stores often sell lots of hair related products but these are more external use like coconut oils, etc -
  • Options
    investing in a good oil for your hair would be a start, but eating healthily is probably the best thing to do. Have a look into food that will help your skin/hair.
  • Options
    I know alot of people here are not going to like what I am about to say but, try washing your hair in shampoo and conditioner twice a day. My hair has never felt/looked better.

As for the foods, oily fish is good.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Nice hair mate, great tits too :D
    Haha, thanks :blush:
  • Options
    looked at the healthy hair vits today, there basically the same as regular multivitamins (except contain less vitamins and minerals) but triple the cost. Your basically paying for the name so to speak.