Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bearshare v6

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hmm this was by far the best p2p i had come across, even after paying for Limewire Pro, bearshare free was much better. but the new version doesn't generate any of the sources V5 did.. it's as if they're not gnuetalla now, but like their own thing with a fraction of the results i got on earlier versions.

rolling back as we speak.

Comments

• Options
    even after paying for Limewire Pro

You payed for limewire pro:crazyeyes
  • Options
    yep i went through a phase of paying for Pro versions of free software. the worst thing i paid for was information i allready knew. another rip off was colanto's Amiga Forever.

but ype limewire Pro has some excellent transfer rates./ but bearshare 6 anyway....?
  • Options
    but bearshare 6 anyway....?

Hmm ill give it ago and report back:chin:
  • Options
    Just had a play with it and dont like the whole register thing and if its a download client why should you pay for the tracks? dont make much sense at all.

Dont really like it
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    Just had a play with it and dont like the whole register thing and if its a download client why should you pay for the tracks? dont make much sense at all.

Dont really like it

i think you pay for the ring tones. ie the tracks in orange are tones and the others are mp3s. there's no apps or pictures search either.
  • Options
    Bearshare is no longer maintained by Freepeers Inc, it's run by Musiclab LLC. You wanna go to http://www.technutopia.com/ and download the decent version of Bearshare there, some of the guys there are the staffers who helped run Freepeers.

If you want something like Limewire (which is shite tbh) then check out FrostWire @ www.frostwire.com
  • Options
    tried frostwire and it generated rubbish results - like spielberg gets hillarious prank call on EVERY search,.
  • Options
    ive had no probs with frostwire or limewire
  • Options
    that was a lie, im getting the spielberg shit now. still no harm in rummaging through