Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sleep

Is there any reason why the more sleep I get, the more tired I am? And does anyone know why I seem to (for the last few weekends anyway) always struggle to keep myself awake at around 3pm at the weekend? But after about 4pm, I'm more awake?:confused:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've read that you shouldn't sleep any more than your body needs to. Is that what you're doing?
    If you wake up on your own (not because of an alarm etc) and don't feel tired, get up! No matter what time it is.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I only do that at weekends. TBH, I tend to wake up about 5 - 30 minutes before my alarm goes off, so there's really no point trying to get back to sleep.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe it's because of that then. Stop doing it, even at weekends, for a time and see how it happens I guess.
  • Options
    If I did that yesterday, I would've been up at 7.15. Been awake since 20 past 4 this morning and didn't get to sleep until 12 this morning. :(
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    always struggle to keep myself awake at around 3pm at the weekend? But after about 4pm, I'm more awake?:confused:

This is because your body sleeps in cycles. Of about 4 hrs, which is why if you wake up mid-cycle you feel more tired than if you'd never started it so 4 hrs is better than 5 or 6 for example. At least, for feeling alert.

At 3pm it looks like your body is entering a valid sleep-cycle, but by four you've stayed up through the start of it so you just stay awake.