Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anger

Think this goes in here.

What can i do to control my anger? It's getting really bad now where i'm angry at everything, and to the point if i can't physically hit someone i'm fantasising constantly about the best way to hurt them. Don't think i'm mad cos i can't hear voices or nothing, but you never know. If i get hold of someone when i'm angry i won't stop hitting them until they either scream or cry. It feels like i'm possessed or something. Counselling is no good, i'm not too hot on telling people what problems i have, and i definitely couldn't explain why i'm so angry all the time.

Is there anything i can do to make myself less angry? I'd feel pretty bad if i really hurt someone.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm pretty much the same, I got told off by a neighbour for beating the living shit out of my wheely bin because it ran over my foot. Sometimes I get so angry its all I can do to not hit someone.

The best way I find of dealing with it is going into a room by myself and actually throwing things around and shouting a lot until I feel better. It's better out than in, and sometimes that's what's needed.

Do you know why you are angry at stuff? Do you know what stuff tends to attract the most anger (for me its when I hurt myself with something by accident)?
  • Options
    Well if you can't work with someone professional to find out where your anger is coming from, theyn how you ever going to solve it? You need to get past the fear of talking to someone, especially professionally trained people, that won't judge you.
    What you going to do when you end up in prison, then you meet the real bad girls?
    Or what if you start on someone and they happend to be hard as fuck and give you a right pasting and you get really hurt?
    You have to decide what kind of future you want.

Edited to say:
    My old manager used to be a right angry evil twat but his manager made him go to anger management or his job could be kissed goodbye. He didn't want to go and thought it was a load of bull but it actually was the opposite. He learned how to channel his anger into positive ways and turned into a very successful manager.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Do you know why you are angry at stuff? Do you know what stuff tends to attract the most anger (for me its when I hurt myself with something by accident)?

I'm just angry at everything nearly all the time. I'm very clumsy and when i drop stuff or knock things over i get very angry at myself (or cry!). Then i get angry at everything else. Sounds daft but it makes me feel like i'm an idiot then i get all emotional!

I've tried to do the throwing about thing. I tend to smash things that i really need. Like mobiles and mirrors!
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Well if you can't work with someone professional to find out where your anger is coming from, theyn how you ever going to solve it? You need to get past the fear of talking to someone, especially professionally trained people, that won't judge you.
    What you going to do when you end up in prison, then you meet the real bad girls?
    Or what if you start on someone and they happend to be hard as fuck and give you a right pasting and you get really hurt?
    You have to decide what kind of future you want.

I just can't physically can't get the words out. I'm crap at talking about things, i don't even talk to my friends or my family about anything thats remotely serious. What i'm saying is sometimes it's something i can't help, i could fight back no probs if someone hit me back though.
  • Options
    I get furious when something like that happens, and I can't control it, and then I just tend to smoulder. Recently I've managed to break a broom and a mop with temper tantrums, in addition to a solid crate:(

I don't really know how to suggest calming down, I find throwing soft things about helps a bit but really I just have to wait for it all to pass. I would sometimes love to hurt people, but I never would, because I'm a scaredy and I'd probably get hurt more back!

I find that what angers me the most is when I feel embarrassed or humiliated- that's what upsets me about when I accidentally hurt myself. Then I either scream and shout for hours, or cry, or both, and I feel like a right bell afterwards.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm much better at controlling it after going through therapy, but even now its still there.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I'm just angry at everything nearly all the time. I'm very clumsy and when i drop stuff or knock things over i get very angry at myself (or cry!). Then i get angry at everything else. Sounds daft but it makes me feel like i'm an idiot then i get all emotional!

I've tried to do the throwing about thing. I tend to smash things that i really need. Like mobiles and mirrors!

I just can't physically can't get the words out. I'm crap at talking about things, i don't even talk to my friends or my family about anything thats remotely serious. What i'm saying is sometimes it's something i can't help, i could fight back no probs if someone hit me back though.
    You just may pick the one person that would completely hammer you though. You can't think that you may never meet this person. For example, my mum's ex hit my mum once, it angered me that much that I went crazily violent and he fled the scene. He was a big guy and I wouldn't have ever been able to do that if I hadn't been so angry. You could piss someone off just like I was pissed off.
    The flip of the coin is proper doing someone damage, never mind feeling bad, how you going to cope with a long stretch of bird?
    Have a look into anger management, you many not have to talk about your past so much but rather learn how to deal with your anger. I dunno, though I'm no expert. I'm sure there will be people on here with experience that can help.
    Life isn't easy and most of the time you have to sacrifice something to get the result you want.
    I too can get angry at stupid things, like if I stub my toe and someone asks if I'm OK. The sheer asking if I'm OK infuriates me but I just have to take deep breaths, hold back and it passes.
    It can't be a nice feeling being so angry, I hope you get the help you need.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Think this goes in here.

What can i do to control my anger? It's getting really bad now where i'm angry at everything, and to the point if i can't physically hit someone i'm fantasising constantly about the best way to hurt them. Don't think i'm mad cos i can't hear voices or nothing, but you never know. If i get hold of someone when i'm angry i won't stop hitting them until they either scream or cry. It feels like i'm possessed or something. Counselling is no good, i'm not too hot on telling people what problems i have, and i definitely couldn't explain why i'm so angry all the time.

Is there anything i can do to make myself less angry? I'd feel pretty bad if i really hurt someone.

Maybe you should try something like St John's Wort to calm you down.
  • Options
    I have the same problem, when i get so angry i have to kick the shit out of something to feel better.

So buy yourself a punch bag, they are great. You can kick the shit out of and not worry. I ended up smashing anything i could get my hands on, (TV, Computer, Plates, Cups) it cost me a fortune!

Believe me a punch bag is cheaper and a lot better for you.

:D
  • Options
    I'm the same apparantely and have been told (not exactly, but it has been implied) that I need to calm down.
  • Options
    Yeah I get this, I usually get it either if, like Kermit, I hurt myself with something by accident, if something usually on my PC is being a bitch or if someone starts talking about something that's been pissing me off for ages but I've managed to sort of cover it up and then it's brought up again.
    It's like you get this sudden rage flow through you and you just to need to attack something.
  • Options
    Not sure about this one. I'm hoping to do some anger management classes in the next few months so if I do it then I'll post any useful things that I learn.