Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Winter in Austria

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi to everyone :crazyeyes

I want to go to Austria for winter sports. Where is the best place for snowboarding? Could you recommend a hotel to stay? :thumb:

Thanx and greetings :wave:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Austria is a very very big place. Can you be a bit more specific? What do you want?

I really like the Skiwelt, as its a huge area of interlinked ski runs of varying complexity, but it really does depend on what you want. The Tirol is generally best for skiing.

Are you going for the skiing, the apres-ski, or both? Ellmau is nice, but the apres-ski is quite tame. The heiße Schokolade mit Rhum and the gluhwein is excellent though :thumb:
  • Options
    Yeah anywhere in the Tyrol, Salzburg region, Vor-Arlberg or western Carinthia. Seefeld, Mayrhofen, Zell am See e.t.c are good although quite touristy and the que's for the ski-lifts will be long...for somewhere quieter try Alpbach. The Ziller valley is full of good places...
  • Options
    Bad Kleinkirchheim http://www.badkleinkirchheim.at/

Its in Karten so out of the way of the normal tyrolean madness and very Austrian - I had a wicked time when we went the weather was amasing even in january and the austrians were really up for partying!