Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

kaspersky problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im running kaspersky internet security and it keeps popping up this c:\windows\system32\.exe backdoor.win32.rbot.bni and also a c:/.bat sometimes, cant get rid of it, been doing my head in a bit now for a few days. ive tried adaware but thats it. just done a reformat and got everything installed etc so dont fancy doing it again really.

Comments

• Options
    Try AVG, its free and is pretty usefull, and theres another program called lavasoft SE if thats any use to you.
  • Options
    Matteh wrote:
    Try AVG, its free and is pretty usefull, and theres another program called lavasoft SE if thats any use to you.

Lavasoft are the people who do AdAware, and he said he's tried that already.

I use Avast free and thoroughly recommend it to everyone. It's never failed me yet. It's on guard stuff is spot on. Got an interesting interface when doing virus scans though.

Sounds like you've got a Trojan though, have you tried A-Squared ? Try it, it does a job of finding Trojans Malware etc etc. Also worth a look.