Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hymen won't break easily?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
One of my friend just had her first time sex recently. We heard that the hymen will break easily once the penis push it but my friend's hymen won't break easily. Her bf need to push very hard until 9 or 10 times only able to break it and she feel like he is using a knife to cut her hymen in every push. Once it break, it hurt even more. Is it normal?

She also bleed a lot. Is it related to their size? She is small frame 5' only and her bf about 6'2".

Comments

• Options
    it generally hurts even more if the person is not very relaxed which isn't very helpful as most people are nervous on the first time so if she wasnt 100% comfortable it would have hurt a lot more.
    most if not all people bleed when thier hymens breaks, it depends on the person as to how much or little
    i think it probably is normal, she probably just got worked up and stressed as it didnt break the first time so then it hurt even more as she got herself more and more worked up about it though there may be another reason but sex normally hurts the first time for a girl so i wouldnt worry to much.
    did they use a comdom? if they didnt it may have also been because she was to 'dry'.
  • Options
    I think the size of vagina relates to height/body size/even race. Just like penis size, generalisation that taller men have longer penis.

The hymen itself. There are different shaped openings and even those who have hymen completely sealing their vaginas (called an imperforate hymen). Obviously the later is extremely rare and requires surgery (to have normal periods).

My ex was a virgin. Lots of foreplay helped and taking time :)
  • Options
    if you wanna avoid the pain of your hymen breaking in sex apprently you should do lots exerces like horse riding, yoga etc cause somtimes that breaks it for you so your 1st time is less painfall
    i did that after i read the article and it worked (i think though maybe it was never there...) hehe but maybe it was just luck...
    also sometimes it breaks if you use tampons
  • Options
    jessjane wrote:
    One of my friend just had her first time sex recently. We heard that the hymen will break easily once the penis push it but my friend's hymen won't break easily. Her bf need to push very hard until 9 or 10 times only able to break it and she feel like he is using a knife to cut her hymen in every push. Once it break, it hurt even more. Is it normal?

She also bleed a lot. Is it related to their size? She is small frame 5' only and her bf about 6'2".
    BORAT! :heart:
  • Options
    :banghead:

Having read some of your previous post, i really think you should stop wasting people's time and possibly get out more.

There seems to be a pattern:

I am virgin, my friends are also still virgins.
    We have heard virgins experience much pain.
    (followed by frankly stupid questions.)
    e.g. How do you make first time sex less painful but also allow man to have good times?

Not to mention the piss poor grammar.