Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sex with an ex

PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
So what do you think about having sex with an ex? Is it a good idea or best left in the past? Here's some of your thoughts on the subject, have a listen as they are pretty funny...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It can work I think :) But depends on the situation obviously.
  • Options
    Woah, where did you get them pics from?

Attack of the hooded clones :(

Anyway, sex with an ex can be fun because you know each other inside out and it's comforting, but because of the emotional issues it depends whether you want to set yourself up to get hurt.

However, having said all this, sometimes through sex it makes both parties realise they still want to be together. This is a rare occurence though.

I think on the whole it should be avoided if possible because it will make it more difficult in the long run for both of you, but if you think you can handle it then don't feel like you're doing anything wrong, because so long sa you're both single (sex with an ex when they've got a new partner is wrong) then nobody can tell you not to have innocent, consensual, dirty fun :p.

And Pearly, it's good ettiquette on here to answer your own question :angel: hehehe
  • Options
    I have always found sex with an ex turns out to be a bad idea... thats just personal experience though.
  • Options
    It usually ends up giving them (or you, I guess) hope for something more, at least that's the way I've found it. I've only ever fallen drunkenly back into bed with exes though, I'd never do it when I was of sound and sober mind... and if I ever wanted to attempt a no-strings sexual relationship I certainly wouldn't do so with someone who I had either dumped or been dumped by (obviously usually with good reason).
  • Options
    hmm well i did it for just over a year on and off! but now the little runt has got a girlfriend. :p

i think it can work but for me it was hard at times because i still liked him. :grump:

had advantages though. :D
  • Options
    Sometimes is do-able, most of the time, it is NOT!
  • Options
    PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    And Pearly, it's good ettiquette on here to answer your own question hehehe

haha fair point, well here's what I wrote on the staff room blog...- it's under the headline 'the 'ex' factor...

Oh and
    Woah, where did you get them pics from?

Attack of the hooded clones
    - I think it was raining?!!
  • Options
    I think it should be avoided at all costs. You're not only setting yourself up for a fall if you still like them (or vice versa) but you could be giving the other party false hope of getting back together. Which isn't nice or fair, relationships end for a reason.
  • Options
    I slept with 2 of my ex's last year... one didn't work out too well (we ended up having a fight, ended up with me breaking my leg when he pushed me over a wall) and the other went great because we both just wanted the same thing - sex - and neither of us wanted to take it any further after that so i guess it's hit and miss *shrugs*
  • Options
    id never have sex with any of my exes because it is nearly always a bad idea
  • Options
    It's different for men and women.

For men wanking is really boring, sex is like 100x better.

For women, a vibrator is pretty good. Sex is still 100x better but they can get by.

And normally after 2 weeks or so we leave threads, although I suppose it's not that old, so I'll let you off. :) Hope you're feeling better today!
  • Options
    I've done it before but I think it's best left alone.
  • Options
    hey welcome to the boards. but just a piece of advice. it's best to stick to writing in a colour that people can actually read (for your font i mean) i.e. black!