Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how to help a loved one with stress?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone give me some advice on helping my girlfriend with her stress? she has so much going on and i tell her that i will do anything to help het, but she just says there is nothing i can do. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Try not to appear like you're worrying about her so much. Be there for her but I get stressed out when I think I'm stressing other people out.
  • Options
    Well stress can be related to many things. What do you think she's stressing about? Like, is it just too much an amount of activities she's doing or are there other important issues going on in her life that she's finfidng difficult to cope with?
  • Options
    Try not to appear like you're worrying about her so much. Be there for her but I get stressed out when I think I'm stressing other people out.
    Excellent point :yes:
  • Options
    she is stressed from too many activities. SHe is having trouble with a professor at school, and she is in a large musical production that stresses her out. I personally am worried that she might be pregnant, but she has not shown any signs of that stressing her and im pretty sure its not bothering her because she has not said anything.

She is worried about getting into a musical group she auditioned for and many other things. I dont know how to help her. She just seems so sad latley.
  • Options
    Just be there to support her. Do things to take her mind off things, maybe take her out for a meal or to do one of her favourite activities. Spoil her with flowers/chocolates etc to make her feel special. Let her talk about her feeling withour pushing her.
  • Options
    give her a massage!;)
  • Options
    Well, of course I don't know what's in her mind but my guess is that if there's an actual chance of her being pregnant (eonugh to worry you about) then it's very likeley she'll be worrying about that too, even if she doesn't say it. People deal with stuff in different ways, and sometimes scary things are the ones that are most difficult to talk about.

If that is the case, I think the best thing to do is not to push her into talking about how she's feeling if she doesn't want to, but make it clear with your actions that you are more than willing to when she's ready to do it. Make it clear that the space to talk about whatever she wants is there, much like freeallangels19 said.