Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Injections Tentnis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think thats how you spell it, anyone get there "tetnis" shot today @ School?

Thats if your in year 10:yeees:

My akes!

Comments

• Options
    It's probably only your school that got them today, they tend to try and catch up with people at some point during their last 2 years of school.

But be glad it's done, means you can happily say yes you've had your tetanus, rather than injuring yourself and someone deciding to stick more needles into you which is never fun!
  • Options
    I don't remember being given my tetanus jab at school, but that was probably because the doc gave me one. Also because my school was crap. :impissed:
  • Options
    Neither did I, they gave up doing them in schools for a bit, but I think they've gone back to it a bit.
  • Options
    I had my tetanus jab at 5 in my primary school. I'm now 18, I guess I'm due for another one soon.
  • Options
    I had to get one of those after a mate of mine threw a dart in my leg.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    I had my tetanus jab at 5 in my primary school. I'm now 18, I guess I'm due for another one soon.

You should have had one before you left school at 16, 10 years after your one age 5. Pop into your GPs practise sometime and check where you're up to, you may find you're also short a MMR.
  • Options
    :thumb:

My arm just seams be be "heavier" then the other one and hurtss!
  • Options
    Aye, we had them and the polio (I think) one in year 10. The gross thing you have to swallow - whatever that is, then when you were busy gurning from the taste they got you with the tetanus shot.
  • Options
    I had mine earlier this year. made me feel really crap for rest of the day and I was in pain for a few days as well. :(
  • Options
    I got mine what in year ten, three years ago now and I am just a little (slight understatment) scared of injections so I shit myself. Mine bled and scabbed over until my cousin and me were messing one day and he lifted my up by my arms and dangled me upside down. I shouted out that he was hurting my tetnus and he told me not to be a wimp. He was apologising later when my scab had ripped off and it was bleeding down my arm hehe that injection took a long time to heal!!!
  • Options
    Is it 10 year's a Tetnus jab last's for or am i making that up ?
  • Options
    edn1 wrote:
    Is it 10 year's a Tetnus jab last's for or am i making that up ?

I agree with the 10 years
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    Aye, we had them and the polio (I think) one in year 10. The gross thing you have to swallow - whatever that is, then when you were busy gurning from the taste they got you with the tetanus shot.
    Yep, polio tetanus and diptheria ours was. I think we had ours in year 11, our school was behind with all of the jabs - we finally got our BCG 2 years late.
  • Options
    In fairness it wasn't your school, it was your health authority.

How long tetanus lasts is a tricky one. The current system is to give you all your initial and pre school malarky and then boost after 10 years aged 15 ish. After that it's only boosted for special reasons.
  • Options
    I had mine in year 9, and thats gave me my needle phobia bacuse it took they three goes to get in right. I luckily seem to be getting over it now after all the needles I've had stuck in me this year. I need a MMR booster as well as I never got one at school.
  • Options
    I never got my BCG one done because i wernt feeling well and they wouldnt give it to me so i thought ok fine:p

But now they wont give them in schools no more?

God my arm still hurts
  • Options
    Depends where you live!
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    I never got my BCG one done because i wernt feeling well and they wouldnt give it to me so i thought ok fine:p

But now they wont give them in schools no more?

God my arm still hurts
    Why dont they?
  • Options
    Something to do with no only vaccinating those at risk rather than everyone.