Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Acid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You know you see in old horror films a great big vat of acid that can dissolve a whole body ? Well is there an acid/chemical that could dissolve a body ?

Comments

• Options
    I wouldnt have a clue.

But i'm curious why you would want to know...

Covering up your tracks are we? :D
  • Options
    I'm sure acid does do what you want, though you may be better using pigs.....except they don't eat the teeth!
  • Options
    Roffle :)

I just asked the bf and he said 'I'd imagine so'

So i asked him where i could get some and how much. He's now sulking in the kitchen making toast :D
  • Options
    This about John George Haigh, the Acid Bath Murderer;

"Finally, and probably most difficult of all, was the traceless disposal of the body (vats of industrial acid). It was Haigh's mistaken (and arrogant) belief that a corpse could be completely disposed of via the acid. Unfortunately for Haigh, certain parts of the human body are more resilient to attack than most people realise, either by their very nature (such as teeth and bone) and artificial items (such as dentures) and are usually picked up as trace evidence by forensic experts. Haigh's false assumption that murder could not be proved without the body was to have lead to his downfall."

Although, apparently most of the body turned into a "viscous sludge." :sour: So there you go.
  • Options
    Ta Miff :)

'Hello, Industrial Acid Suppliers. How may i help you'

'Yes, i'd like a vat of industrial acid please, and some buckets for the viscous sludge ooooo and some jiffy bags for teeth, dentures and bones. Ta'

:D
  • Options
    Reminds me of the Trigger Happy TV thing where he goes into a DIY shop dressed in a white overall with red stains on it and a hockey mask hanging round his neck and proceeds to ask for items like black bags, gaffer tape and a saw, asking if the saw will cut through, say, bone? :D And they just answer all his questions and sell him the stuff!!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Haha, Dom Jolly, legend.

Erm, yes there is Acid that will do that. Infact, there are more chemicals than just Acid that will do that.

Although, the drug Acid will not. But it may be just as fun.
  • Options
    My piss after a heavey nights drinking could probably dissolve a human.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    My piss after a heavey nights drinking could probably dissolve a human.

:lol: :thumb:
  • Options
    Don't know what the proper chemical name is, but I think "quick lime" is supposed to do the job.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Don't know what the proper chemical name is, but I think "quick lime" is supposed to do the job.

That's alkaline I think. I'm pretty sure that's what they stick on the fields round here as a soil treatment.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I hope it smells better than the fish stuff they used to use up here. You have to bring your washing in cos it really stinks.

Wikipedia says it's alkaline but I was sure I had heard of it being used in some murder so I had a poke about and found this:

From historylink.org:
    On April 16, 1921, James E. Mahoney, a paroled convict, drugs his wife Kate, stuffs her in steamer trunk, and smashes her skull with a club. He then pours quicklime over her body. After locking the trunk and securing it with rope, he calls a transfer company to move it to a houseboat on Lake Union. There, the trunk is placed in a skiff and Mahoney rows to middle of the Lake Washington Ship Canal, just east of the University Bridge and throws it overboard. Kate Mahoney’s nieces, suspecting foul play, report to police that she has mysteriously disappeared. After authorities search the ship canal for weeks, the trunk finally bobs to the surface on August 8, 1921, and is recovered by the tugboat Audrey.

:nervous:
  • Options
    Concn Sulphuric would probably do a fairly good job....
  • Options
    My mate says that if a body's left in his septic tank it will dissolve.

Apparently.
  • Options
    acid doesn't normally dissolve bones, it gets rid of the calcium but leaves something behind. (i think)

I think conc. hydrofluoric acid might do it though. You need to ask strubbles :yes:
  • Options
    ask wheresmyplacebo...if he doesn't know then i'll eat my own hand....(i really don't want to do that)

edit: also ask him why he didn't do the washing up last night....:(
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If you dissovle fat in an alkaline liquid you make what is bassically soap.

I think you'd stuggle to find an acid that will completely dissolve bone - unless you prepared to wait a very long time that is.
    Weekender Offender