Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair styles - please help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right I want a totally new style! My hair so soooo thick, all I do is put it up and it does my head in!

I have got quite a fat face:D so I have to be carefull cos I dont want my new hair do making my face look fatter than it is!!

At the mo my hair is around the length of my boobs, and I want it shorter. I thought about a Pob, just under my jaw line???

If anyone knows any decent websites, or anything let me know please!!

Also I thought about ditching my usual hairdressers and go to Toni & Guy (fella is paying for my xmas pressie) has anyone been to Toni and Guy's before???

Cheers people:)

Comments

• Options
    I haven't been to Toni & Guy but from what I've heard, they aren't any better than any other salon. Just because they're a chain store doesn't mean their staff are any better trained than anywhere else. Might be nice to try a different salon for a different experience, though. Take a wander round your town and pick a salon that looks nice, rather than going for Toni & Guy simply because they're a well-known name (if that's why you decided to go for them).

If you post a pic we could give you better advice on what would suit your face. You could also go to a salon and ask them what they'd recommend.
  • Options
    Ive tried adding a pic but it wont let me:mad: I've looked on the sun's website and it says "Long bobs are in, but not a blunt cut" "It's more of an uneven bob so it should not be bookish"
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001290023-10873,00.html

I really love that style and really want it!!!! I'm gonna go and have a look around my town for different salons, and go and ask their advise. My mum said shoulder length, jaw line is just about right.

Keep the advise coming!!;)

Do you know any good mags?? I've had a look on the net about pob/ hairstyles and there is not alot!
  • Options
    I love the pob. I wanted it done last Friday but I stook with a long style.
  • Options
    if you have a fat face and thick hair then its common sense to steer clear of a bob. It'll make your face look much wider.
  • Options
    Don't even think of getting a chin length bob, it'll make your face look fatter. You need it to come below your chin. Keep the layers from your lips down to remove bulk and weight from the sides. You want wispy, tapered ends too to draw the eye away from the widest part of your face.

If you're not absolutely dead set on a bob a short layered cut would elongate your face.
  • Options
    I have got my heart set on a bob! I want a long bob tho like this one, but maybe a bit longer.