Home› Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Poppers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone ever used these in sex? what happens?
i've only ever sniffed them when i've been on Es in a club but lets just say they have been suggested to me.

Comments

• Options
    I've only ever used them in a club situation too but aparently they ure used to relax the muscles which makes anal a bit easier.
    All they've ever done for me was give me a big head rush so i cant see how they would be that good for sex tbh.
  • Options
    yeh i know they're used for anal sex.. but will i feel a difference down there? or will it just make me fucked so i cant tell!
  • Options
    i aint used them for sex but when i was in a gay club they said that you open the pot and leave it in the room for the fumes to spread about. thats how it relaxes you.

but i wouldnt know if its true
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    yeh i know they're used for anal sex.. but will i feel a difference down there? or will it just make me fucked so i cant tell!
    As i said in the previous post, all its ever done to me is give me a massive head rush. The last thing in my mind when i feel like i'm about to pass out is sex...
  • Options
    Dinted wrote:
    i aint used them for sex but when i was in a gay club they said that you open the pot and leave it in the room for the fumes to spread about. thats how it relaxes you.

but i wouldnt know if its true
    That's what I heard too.
  • Options
    oh so i dont sniff it up then :razz:
  • Options
    :no: :p
  • Options
    The point made about 'leaving the bottle open to odourise the room' was a sort of legal loophole. The drug laws surrounding poppers were/are a bit foggy. You could sell poppers if they weren't called poppers ??? A lot of sex shops sold 'room odourises', Clone Zone used to sell 'Carpet stain remover' :D

It came to court a few years ago and the prosecution we're trying to make out that it's not like a can of Haze lavendar ;) Dunno how the case ended, or what classification poppers are if any, but so many shops/clubs sell it openly i don't think the police are that bothered about it. Plus there's different sorts, Amyl NitrIte and Amyl NitrAte to name two and maybe the law is specific to one particular chemical. Skive or Budda are bound to know.

TBH i don't think you'll feel any effects from poppers from a bottle left open in the room. I sniff it from the bottle ( the vapour NOT the liquid ), clubbing and shagging. But you have to be a bit careful, it can really burn if you sniff the liquid up your nose and if ingested can be fatal.

Like peeps have said, you get a bit of a head rush, heart beats faster, face can become flushed and you temporarily have a lower sensitivity to pain ( hence the bum sex :) )
  • Options
    never knew they were meant for sex, me and my mates just sniff them because it makes the world seem funny for a minute. its fun but not a bad drug (i think) also makes you feel out of it which is good to get away from the world i find
    wouldnt have thought the effects would last long enough for sex though...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I'm not to hot on the legality of them Rubber, I just buy them from time to time because they can cause some seriously funny moments in the pub, and are great when your pilled up.

I find the best way to take them is to dip an unlit fag in the bottle and inhale through it. That way you avoid the redness arounf the nose.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I did the fag thing once in a club and some tit came up and lit it for me :eek: RubberSkin a la flambe :D
  • Options
    don't do it, they are minging....the thought of the smell is even making me want to puke
  • Options
    haha they are mingin. i've never done them sober tho.. only when pilled up. maybe i'll try them with sex when i've had a few drinks in me.
  • Options
    They've never made a difference for me with regard to anal, though obviously they got their reputation from somewhere! For me they're good for a giggle and not a lot else.
  • Options
    Poppers are shit when you're sober, all they do is give me a head rush and pounding temples for like 20 secs if that. When you're pilled up though yeah they are quality.
    Never really tried them before anal or anything so I wouldn't know about that
  • Options
    Has been said already but... very good when on pills... but also fun for the woman to sniff just before orgasm... or so the girlfriend says and from what I can see she's not kidding!:p
  • Options
    Dodger wrote:
    Has been said already but... very good when on pills...

Cept when you're at the Nightingale or Subway with ya big muscley mate and all the fag hags 'who want to have a look at the gays' want a sniff coz the tune that's fading in is a good 'un :D
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    don't do it, they are minging....the thought of the smell is even making me want to puke

When they are freshly opened, they don't smell so bad .. but give 'em a few days and let them go stale ... ? Vile!
  • Options
    A gay guy has recently started hanging around with my friend group and comes to our parties. He ALWAYS has poppers - he'll have like 3 bottles at any one time! I hadn't used them in years after some bad experiences with headaches etc. But recently I've started using them again, just because this guy always has them to pass around. I've rediscovered that they can be great fun when you're on e's, and can really bring you up. I did them on ketamine as well, which was absolutely crazy - one way ticket to la la land.
  • Options
    Why not some lube and a butt plug ;)?
  • Options
    I have no personal experience whatsoever with Poppers myself, however a good friend of mine does and she explained that they are pretty much pointless and a waste of time unless you are already fucked off your face...at least when it comes to getting bum loved by a well hung man. You see? These threads always lead to anal sex conversations in my life...and people think im just an anal sex addict...psh!