Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I am tired and restless!

Anyone else? I cannot sleep!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    neither could i, im babysitting for my younger sisters and brother. was bored watching telly so me and my sis decided to have a cigarette in the garden, all fine and dandy. then BANG! the back gate which is accessible only through a dark mini-alleyway at the side of the house suddenly opened.
    me and my sister sat there, paralysed with fear. after about ten seconds of sitting stone still with our eyes wide open listening out we decided it was ok and probably nothing and just the wind( even though it wasnt windy at all and the back gate was supposedly locked) when BANG even louder again, a definite slamming against the wall.. we were sure we heard footsteps so we RAN inside and i bolted the door( didnt have time to lock it with the key though) then shut the utility room door then the kitchen door then i bolted the front door.
    so we stood there for ages, our hearts beating i felt like i was in my very own horror film. i gingerly opened the kitchen door to view the dark garden out the window when i am SURE i saw a figure run across the garden.
    terrified and in a panic i called my mother whos SUPPOSED to be on a weekend break.
    still half asleep she said 'it's just the wind darling, goodnight'.

now instead of being bored and restless i am on tenterhooks as my sister said she wont be able to sleep tonight ( or go anywhere near the kitchen/back door) and neither will i. and as i sit here writing this there are 2 kitchen knives to hand in preparation for someone breaking into the house and killing us all...

so, if you hear on the news tomorrow of a bizarre turn-around story of a man breaking into a house and attacking 4 children but getting attacked and defeated himself, then it was me.

my challenge now though is getting through the night unscathed
    :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:
  • Options
    neither could i, im babysitting for my younger sisters and brother. was bored watching telly so me and my sis decided to have a cigarette in the garden, all fine and dandy. then BANG! the back gate which is accessible only through a dark mini-alleyway at the side of the house suddenly opened.
    me and my sister sat there, paralysed with fear. after about ten seconds of sitting stone still with our eyes wide open listening out we decided it was ok and probably nothing and just the wind( even though it wasnt windy at all and the back gate was supposedly locked) when BANG even louder again, a definite slamming against the wall.. we were sure we heard footsteps so we RAN inside and i bolted the door( didnt have time to lock it with the key though) then shut the utility room door then the kitchen door then i bolted the front door.
    so we stood there for ages, our hearts beating i felt like i was in my very own horror film. i gingerly opened the kitchen door to view the dark garden out the window when i am SURE i saw a figure run across the garden.
    terrified and in a panic i called my mother whos SUPPOSED to be on a weekend break.
    still half asleep she said 'it's just the wind darling, goodnight'.

now instead of being bored and restless i am on tenterhooks as my sister said she wont be able to sleep tonight ( or go anywhere near the kitchen/back door) and neither will i. and as i sit here writing this there are 2 kitchen knives to hand in preparation for someone breaking into the house and killing us all...

so, if you hear on the news tomorrow of a bizarre turn-around story of a man breaking into a house and attacking 4 children but getting attacked and defeated himself, then it was me.

my challenge now though is getting through the night unscathed
    :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

You should have just rang the police and said you have seen someone in your garden, they'd have sent someone right round. Always consider your own and your family's safety, can never be too sure.
  • Options
    Nah jus blockos our fella. :D
  • Options
    I am tired.

My feet ache.

Just arrived in from work. Was meant to finish at half three but due to a fire alarm, the bar was open for another 30 minutes :grump: THEN the fucking DJ wouldn't shut up.

GAH.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Anyone else? I cannot sleep!

Word to that. Playing and getting annoyed at NFS carbon is passing time.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Nah jus blockos our fella. :D

Mate I knew that before you posted it lmao. :lol:
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Word to that. Playing and getting annoyed at NFS carbon is passing time.

Ohh, I want that game so much! It looks wicked.