Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

One

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all, new here. Okay, you're going to think i'm a right loser, and you could be right, but i'm going to do this anyway.

When I was at college a few years ago, I was with this girl for a little while. It was really fantastic, but I was young and stupid (What's changed? haha) and I got cold feet and all scared and that, and didn't call her for about three weeks. I still can't really explain why, but that's what happened. By the time I plucked up the courage to see her again, ofcourse it wasn't the same and within a little while she began seeing somebody else. We then spent the last two years of college either bickering and biting each others heads off, or being quite flirtatious. On my part I guess it was just bitterness at my own stupidity for letting her go and an unsatisfied lust for her that frustrated me. On her part, I dunno, I could never really work her out - sometimes it would seem like she really liked me and sometimes she would say the nastiest things to me. Take the last prom/dance night thing. I saw her leaving and ran out after her and said "kerry dont go" and she said stuff like "now isn't the time" and "John dont". But from where I stood (Excuse my vanity) she was saying this stuff because if I had kissed her or something, I get the feeling she wouldn't have been able to resist - her ice would have cracked. I swear all along she was attracted to me, but kinda pissed off with me at the same time.

Anyways, that's all gone. I've dated other girls in between and stuff, with varying degrees of sucess, but I still think about her everyday, even now, and it gets in the way, i'm just not that bothered about most other girls I meet. About two years ago, I wrote to her saying basically that I knew I was an arsehole sometimes, but I had worked really hard on myself (which I have) and that I wanted her. She wrote back saying "Thanks for being nice, i'm flattered but i'm seeing someone etc etc..." Whether she was or not I dunno. I've seen her twice since, in the street, and we just sorta smiled and walked on. To scared to say anything haha. And now I'm here.

I want so much to get over her, and see other girls, or just not care about girls at all, but nothing has worked in all that time, so I see only one thing that will work now - get her back. Yes yes, I hear you all splitting your sides. Mission impossible. But my mind is made up. So the point of this post is not to ask you is it a good idea or should I do it, because I'm going to do it anyway, for better or for worse. Or even worse most likely haha. My question is, how? How do I get the ball rolling. How do I get back into her life? As you've gathered, I've seen her very rarely. All I know is her home address, her home telephone number, that she's recently graduated from uni and I see her sister out and about fairly often, who is also a distant friend of my brother's. So all you clever people, all you bleeding experts (!), how? HOW?

Comments

• Options
    I guess the first thing you should do is to find out somehow if she's single and if you find out that she has got a boyfriend or is seeing someone else respect that. If you try and break them up it's just going to make the relationship between the two of you even worse. I know it's really tough when you like someone but if they're with someone else then there's not alot you can do.
  • Options
    I guess the first thing you should do is to find out somehow if she's single and if you find out that she has got a boyfriend or is seeing someone else respect that. If you try and break them up it's just going to make the relationship between the two of you even worse. I know it's really tough when you like someone but if they're with someone else then there's not alot you can do.

Noted. If that was the case, then yeah, I wouldn't.
  • Options
    People always want something when they can't have it.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    People always want something when they can't have it.
    very true.