Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Garth Merenghi's Darkplace

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Why did I not discover this comedy gem earlier? Quite possibly the funniest thing I have seen all year. Possibly one of the most original and bizarrely funny things I have ever seen. Utter genius. And the guy who plays Dr. Lucien Sanchez has the best voice in the world.

"With one movement, he whisked off her shoes and panties. They did it in every position; on top, doggy and normal". What a line!

Anyone else a fan of what is clearly one of the funniest pieces of telly ever?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was lucky to see it first time round (no, not on it's brief run in Peru) on Channel 4 nearly 3 years ago. It just cracks me up right from the opening titles where the van explodes and Dr Rick Daglass MD does the jump-out-of-way-of-explosion with the baby!

"obviously, the broccoli was a metaphor for AIDS"
  • Options
    I love it! saw it first time round on ch4 and am now considering buying the dvd of the series so i can listen to the commentary by the cast.
  • Options
    I'm borrowing the DVD off a mate. I'm ashamed i missed it first time around as its right up my street, and so quotable.

"We better act now before its too late, and its half 8 already"

:D
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It is a truely brilliant classic.
  • Options
  • Options
    I watched it when it was originally on Channel 4, very funny and extremley original.