Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

my head is so messed up, i cant concentrate, help me pls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi guys
ok heres the deal. me and my partner of nearly 4 yrs recently split up. he's really hurt me, and i had to end it, but my brain is a mess. im in my final yr of uni, but cannot concentrate on uni work, i have no motivation, and i feel depressed. he hurt me so badly+i just want to screamm at him, but i cant bcos we're trying to stay friends. Then, to make things more complicated, lots of guys i know are confusing me (see my recent thread in relationships).
i feel sick, my head hurts, and i constantly want to cry :( i dont need this now, so can somebody suggest to me how i can take my mind off all this shite+get into my uni work, bcos i really need to concentrate on it at the moment:(
thanx guys

Comments

• Options
    Being blunt - stop trying to be friends for a while.

You need some space, and THEN you can look to be friends.
  • Options
    Just dont think about him or talk to him at all. Only over time will you feel better, but getting worked up over things and trying to be friends while ur still angry with one another really will make things difficult
  • Options
    I agree with g angel 007 - it might be too soon o be friends with him if he's upset you so badly. I'm not saying you won't ever be, but it takes time to get over things like this.

When I was 18 my first boyf slept with my then best friend behind my back (all because I wouldn't sleep with him straightaway) - we split up straightaway but both of them wanted me to stay friends with the both of them immediately. Stupidly I did, and it was so hard, really messed me up - I got over it eventually, but itwould have been better if I'd not had any contact with either of them for a few weeks while I cooled off.

You need some time for you to come to terms with what's happened and get over it properly. In terms of your Uni work and all that I'd say have a break from that too for a few days if you can - do some serious pampering of yourself and then go back to it. Please take care of yourself...

Love cavegirl
    xx
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote:
    Being blunt - stop trying to be friends for a while.

You need some space, and THEN you can look to be friends.

The truth.
  • Options
    As for helping concentrate on your uni work, you could try making yourself a work timetable. Take a couple of hours each day and decide what you're going to do in them - maybe prepare the work for a class the next day, do some reading for one of your modules, etc. If you have a target to achieve it'll make it easier to get started on your work, and you'll feel good about yourself when you achieve the target.
  • Options
    can i ask did he cheat on you? which prob is the reason why ur so mad?
    best start a fresh on ur own trying to be friends so soon will mess you up. Also distance is a good thing, 4 years is a long time and wont be able to forget what you had but at least try and think of your self and look towards your own furture. hes prob doing the same just thinking about himself at the moment so just try and get on. if you feel its all getting to you i find going away for the day to sort your head out helps........ i did this when i have problems and need to think even if its just to the park and sit and think for a bit.
    peace and quiet is great for the mind.

x
  • Options
    thank you to everyone who has replied.
    i think you're all right, maybe i am trying to be mates with him too soon....but i met alot of good friends through him, and we're all going the pub togther, like in a big group. its so hard to stop thinking about it! :(