Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shampoo on the move

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Random question: Basically is there anything I can spray on my hair to maintain it so it doesn't get greasy. Thing is I'm doing a travelling charity thing and it wouldn't be practical to bring a bundle of stuff - there's opportunity for a shower but like my long hair goes nuts without being blown dry. It also can get greasy and I'm on the move from a Thursday late evening (so can wash it just before I need to go) till about Sunday evening - any suggestions? I just don't want it to feel grubby and greasy at the roots.

Thanks anyone!

Comments

• Options
    My mate keeps recommending Lee Stafford Dry Shampoo. (if I remember correctly). It's in a pink can, and it works wonders on her hair. I think it's about £4 - £5 in Boots atm :)

ETA: Indeedy
  • Options
    Oh just the other day I saw something, it was pretty much just that. Spray it in your hair and go, no need for wash. It sounded iffy to me, but the whole concept did... I'll see if I can find it, I'm pretty sure it was in a magazine I have with me...
  • Options
    My mother I'm sure had something similar yonks ago which is why I knew I was making up the concept! But yeah! Thanks :)
  • Options
    There's this too which is cheaper.
  • Options
    I use the lee stafford dry shampoo, it's really good, but it is pricey, although they always have lee stafford products on 3 for 2 at boots and some of the other stuff is really nice too.

When I was travelling, I had a cheaper dry shampoo spray
    which only cost a quid or something from the chemist (it was realllly old-fashioned looking in the granny section!).
  • Options
    Haha I took bastiste to reading and everyone took the piss. It works ok but there's only so much it can do if your hair is greasy like mine
  • Options
    Basitste will do the trick for about half a day for me. I prefer to be able to put it up and cover the worst of it that way.
  • Options
    My mum uses that bastisse stuff in hospital at the moment, it works good. Not really a subsitute for actually washing your hair though.

ETA: I do realise you cant actually was your hair, I was just generalising that its not as good as a real wash.
  • Options
    French plait or well done bunches, basically leave them in and just redo them in the morning (but having slept with hair up). Works for me whenever I go walking.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    You need Bumble and Bumble hair powder, it is fantastic, if a little pricey and hard to find.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    You need Bumble and Bumble hair powder, it is fantastic, if a little pricey and hard to find.

Just what I was going to say, it is truly excellent! :thumb:

Otherwise I'd probably just shove a headscarf on when the greasiness became apparent, or a big woolly hat as might be more appropriate for this time of year.