Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shorts in this weather?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm off out tomorrow night, clubbin', Keen to wear my Black Satin Shorts/Hotpants, So what do you think? Good/Bad idea?
:chin:

Comments

• Options
    well it is a bit parky out. I wouldnt, but then I see plenty of people with very skimpy clothes in the dead of winter on a friday night and im sure they survive, but I always wonder why they dont wear trousers being that its winter.
  • Options
    bad.
  • Options
    well it is a bit parky out. I wouldnt, but then I see plenty of people with very skimpy clothes in the dead of winter on a friday night and im sure they survive, but I always wonder why they dont wear trousers being that its winter.

I don't wear trousers, I like to save them for during the week. Also I dance loads, so the less I wear the better, I Won't be hanging around in the cold much either
  • Options
    impractical, but theoretcially sexy.

depends you see, if it were a freind going out like that I'd tell them they were silly and will get cold. but if it were someone I didnt know, while I'm sure I'd think they were a bit silly, I'd still be looking :p
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    impractical, but theoretcially sexy.

depends you see, if it were a freind going out like that I'd tell them they were silly and will get cold. but if it were someone I didnt know, while I'm sure I'd think they were a bit silly, I'd still be looking :p

I like your way of thinking :)
  • Options
    I like your way of thinking :)

:)

although, as I'm sure you're well aware, it's a bit nippy here in manc at the moment :p
  • Options
    i only said no because they're satin.

i wouldn't not wear them 'cause it's cold.
  • Options
    wear a coat and put it in the cloak room
  • Options
    Are you mad? It's freezing out there! However, girls wearing trousers in clubs are never as interesting :naughty:
  • Options
    i only said no because they're satin.
    yeh satin shorts don't sound too nice.

anyway just wear a coat and get taxis everywhere.
  • Options
    Personally I wouldn't. In town today I saw a girl wearing a tiny pair of shorts, but then big wooly long socks and a pair of Ugg boots. WHY?!
  • Options
    thats just weird. people look silly in skimpy clothing in the day time, nevermind when its winter! clubbing is different though coz you are dancing in a hot room for hours.
  • Options
    wear the shorts. If you can hack it, wear a short coat so your legs are on display while you're out too - that's what I'd do...
  • Options
    I like shorts with black tights.
  • Options
    er, really? I can't imagine it but hey ho. pic?
  • Options
    It doesn't sound very nice but I'm trying to find a pic.
  • Options
  • Options
    I ended up not wearing them, opted for my Gothic style mini skirt, however, I'm going to be wearing them next weekend.

I seen a girl with pink shorts and a pink and white stripey vest, It looked like beachwear!! So my satin ones are definately coming out of the closet!

Thanks for your replies!

:D
  • Options
    i thought it sounded nice, and i gree with lea black shorts and black tights look good. More suited to this weather.
  • Options
    Shorts and tights is ok, I wear shorts with wooly tights in the winter all the time and no one has said I look like a fruitcake... yet... to my face :p

Satin shorts are bringing to mind boxing shorts though, I have to say.
  • Options
    they will be fine if u wear some footless tights or summit underneath or with thigh high boots or summit
  • Options
    I think footless tights with shorts can look a bit daft but if you're planning on wearing boots making the tights look like normal ones it looks ok.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I think footless tights with shorts can look a bit daft

Yeah... a bit like that you put your shorts on, but didn't want them to be too short so wore another pair just in case. The boots thing would work though :yes:

I personally like shorts with tights in winter, and some nice boots. I wouldn' wear it myself, but getting me to wear shorts at any point in the year is hard enough so :)
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Yeah... a bit like that you put your shorts on, but didn't want them to be too short so wore another pair just in case. The boots thing would work though :yes:

I personally like shorts with tights in winter, and some nice boots. I wouldn' wear it myself, but getting me to wear shorts at any point in the year is hard enough so :)

That sounds like a good idea, I can't get boots skinny enough to wear without tucking jeans in though.
    Anyone know anywhere that do skinny boots? (Fed up of hunting them) Don't want any with really high heels though! :)

Oh and although satin shorts are kind of PJ ish, These one's are turned up with buttons and detailing on! :D
  • Options
    they're still satin. :p
  • Options
    I have plain black unsatin shorts from primark which i wore yesterday with black tights and ballet shoes.

looks nice and you feel smug and warmer than every one else =P

i always take a big bag so i can wear a jumper in the queue/walking and stuff it in the bag when i'm inside!
  • Options
    they're still satin. :p

yeah, Well you get cotton PJ's and I'm sure they don't look like your best trousers :D
  • Options
    Not quite the same topic but i saw a lad walking around town in shorts yesterday, it was fucking freezing as well - nutter!
  • Options
    lads around here seem to have a thing for flip flops at the mo'...:nervous: (that's me cold, not nervous!).
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Not quite the same topic but i saw a lad walking around town in shorts yesterday, it was fucking freezing as well - nutter!
    That was probably me.... Was he wearing a blue jumper? lol