Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

do men mess with your head deliberately???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
or is it just mine they like to fuck up?? :mad:
since me+my bf split up nearly 4 weeks ago, quite a few people that are either my friends, or his, have been coming onto me, often when drunk :impissed: And im just like - HELLO??? i dont want/need a relationship right now, and you are not the kind of people i want to get involved with!!!
What makes them think they can do this? i was well drunk the other night+to me, thats just people who should respect me as they know me, taking the piss :crying:
ARGH!!!! this is so hard
-rant over-

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    That's right, blokes deliberately try it on with single women just to mess with their heads.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    do men mess with your head deliberately?

only as much as women mess with mens.
  • Options
    do men mess with your head deliberately?

only as much as women mess with mens.

Uh-huh I agree. Obviously I feel for you, but I've always had a hatred of this sexist attitude that it's only men who play women around and never the other way round...
  • Options
    ok,sorry guys! didnt mean all men, and didnt mean only men. it just seems that since ive become single every guy i know is becomming a sleeze :(
  • Options
    ok,sorry guys! didnt mean all men, and didnt mean only men. it just seems that since ive become single every guy i know is becomming a sleeze :(

It's okay. I'm not pretending to be whiter than white. I've messed around enough girls in my time, but i've been messed around by enough girls to - it all even's itself out, nobody's perfect. I know how you feel though. I think it's obvious your still upset about your ex, so it's easy for you to get upset by other guys at the moment. It'll get better with time... :)
  • Options
    hmmm

No we DONT mess with your heads. I think when "we" are drunk we do stupid things.

I think you need to look at these so called "friends" as its not friendly to come onto a girl that is clearly not happy about blokes and b/f's etc.

Maybe you were sending out the wrong signals? Maybe you having fun makes them think you are ready to date people? Hmmm, im not 100% sure.

Id probably just expect that a fit girl (which im sure you are) you will get noticed...especially being singal now.
  • Options
    im not happy about bf's, but i am happy about blokes. ive not got a problem with being single+guys coming onto me - its the fact that these guys r friends with me+my ex, and they've never shown the remotest bit of interest (not even in a friendly way) until now....and to be honest its totally thrown me. i dont mind guys wanting abit of fun, its who they are that's creeped me out abit.
    sorry for my posts being so unclear. and also, im not trying to say all men are like this (although, looking back, i know it may seem like it) sorry
  • Options
    and also, im not trying to say all men are like this (although, looking back, i know it may seem like it) sorry

no need to be sorry, when people are mad, you get confused in the head with all those thoughts going through. This is why you probably have trouble making clear and concise posts.

Hope everything works out hun.
    :heart:
  • Options
    so do i phoenix, i really do. think its so freaky tho that 2 of the guys know my ex - i thought there was an unwritten rule about that kinda thing?
  • Options
    Come and live with me Sugar Mouse. I love cooking, know how the washing machine and iron work. Know where the hoover, mop and duster are. And best of all i'm gay so i won't looking for drunken fumbles when i get in at 12am from the pub :D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    And best of all i'm gay so i won't looking for drunken fumbles when i get in at 12am from the pub :D
    you will be just not with her....
  • Options
    Sometimes.

But in this case it doesn't sound like it, they probably do - shock, horror - genuinely like you. Or else they've got it in mind it'll be easy to get their leg over because you're rebounding. The drink never helps in these situations either, even I've been known to turn into a raging pervert after a few too many ;)
  • Options
    the unwritten rule would apply here if you had any morals ...not YOU..but the blokes.

From the sounds of things, you sound nice enough so shouldnt have any problems finding a nice guy :)
  • Options
    rubberskin - that is a very tempting offer!
    briggi - i dont think 1 of the guys likes me, since he couldnt remember saying it+apologised for it
    phoenix - i know it applies for me aswell....but thought it was more for them since they're his mates
  • Options
    Sadly the unwritten code of 'never do it with your mates ex' often goes out the window given sufficient beer/lust/tempation. Hey, watch an episode of Tricia for a good example.

I wouldn't be too worried about all this new unwanted male attention. Quite often blokes fancy their mates girlfriends, but obviously when the relationship is intact it's a big no no (or at least it bloody should be!!).

Perhaps there's an element of 'forbidden fruit' here. Before, you were effectively off-limits and now you are back on the market so to speak.

Either way, don't take it too seriously - just politely knock them back if you're not interested.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    even I've been known to turn into a raging pervert after a few too many ;)
    Turn into?

Anyway, there is an unwritten rule about this kinda thing. Obviously though it depends on a few things. How much you like the girl, how good friends you were with the bloke, and how long they were going out for. I wouldn't randomly pull a friends ex, but if I really liked her, then I probably wouldn't be too put off by her being a friends ex, unless it was one of my best friends. If I did really like a girl, then I'd say lifes too short to be pussyfooting around someone you probably won't be friends with in a few years. But then I wouldn't risk one of my best friends for a bit of between the sheets fun with a girl I thought was hot.

If they're just hoping to catch you on the rebound or something, then they clearly don't give a shit about their friend. If they genuinely like you, then they just clearly don't have a clue about how to get in with a girl who's split up with her boyfriend (and just a quick clue, it's not by sleazing over her, or constantly 'being there' to comfort her).
  • Options
    ArcticFox wrote:
    my question is.... do girls mess with our heads? there is one girl who i have been constantly texting every day. I have been begging her to out with me for about 4 weeks now. this weekend we are meeting up. i asked her if its going to be a date or just a meeting. she said its a meeting. for gods sake i have been wanting her to go out with me since i first started talking to her. ive been begging her to go out with me, not just to meet me. damn i could strangle her....goddamn it. i hate it when women screw my head up.

Erm, doesn't seem like she's messing with your head. Seems like she just doesn't see you as boyfriend material. You can't force someone to be attracted to you. And as MattLiverpool would probably tell you, by constantly begging for a date, you're giving her all the power by coming across all needy and desperate...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    ArcticFox wrote:
    my question is.... do girls mess with our heads? there is one girl who i have been constantly texting every day. I have been begging her to out with me for about 4 weeks now. this weekend we are meeting up. i asked her if its going to be a date or just a meeting. she said its a meeting. for gods sake i have been wanting her to go out with me since i first started talking to her. ive been begging her to go out with me, not just to meet me. damn i could strangle her....goddamn it. i hate it when women screw my head up.

To be fair it aint here that's 'screwing your head up' it's yourself.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    To be fair it aint here that's 'screwing your head up' it's yourself.
    :yes:
  • Options
    Erm, doesn't seem like she's messing with your head. Seems like she just doesn't see you as boyfriend material. You can't force someone to be attracted to you. And as MattLiverpool would probably tell you, by constantly begging for a date, you're giving her all the power by coming across all needy and desperate...

:yes: I also agree with Skive.