Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

2-timing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm in a long distance relationship, and my g/f and I have decided to still be together, but it would be too hard getting through a year without seeing other people too. I just don't understand what sort of relationship I should expect to lead, if any, with any girls I meet in that year.

Comments

• Options
    I'm in a long distance relationship for six months and I don't look anywhere. If you truly love your g/f you won't need to look other places. You might want to buy a webcam or scanner and share pictures, talk on the phone a lot and write many letters to each other to compensate for her physical absence.

Maybe it would be best if you are considering the idea of looking somewhere else during her absence, to TERMINATE the actual relationship you have with her, say look its over for now, but in a year we will talk and see what we can do about this. But for now we set each other free and allow ourselves to move to other people, and our relationship is over.

Hope that helps...

~There are three types of people in this world : those who can count, and those who can't.~

• Options
    I really don't want to *end* the relationship in a way that does not mean I won't be back together with her, but more for comfort even if it's just 1-nighters very occasionally, possibly...
  • Options
    If you don't wanna end it then don't. Either stay as friends but see other people... see other people BUT still be "together" when you meet up... or you can wait for her.

One nighters might seem fun in the mean time but what good will a quick shag do for you? It just won't feel the same, and it will probably bring up a lot of trust issues with your girlfriend. If you stay faithful it may get frustrating and lonely but that will make all the time you spend together all the more special.
  • Options
    That's great - have those one nighters ...just one thing though....
    you are going to tell her about it or just do it without finding out her take on things. Like ... what if she felt the same and said 'yeah fine..but I want to be able to have that freedom too'would you mind?
    It's not fair to expect her to like it - if she doesn't want you to do it then you'll have to end the relationship.