Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Leeds Tornado

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just saw this on some peeps Gaydar profile, made me giggle.

Leeds Tornado Appeal

A tornado hit the Harehills and Morley areas of Leeds last week, specifically East End Park, causing widespread damage.
Casualties were seen wandering aimlessly saying 'bang out of order', 'mental' and 'that did my head in'.
The Tornado decimated the area causing in excess of £7 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementoes from Ibiza and Cross Green market were damaged beyond repair.
Three preserved areas of historic burned out cars were destroyed. Many locals were woken before their Giro's arrived.
One resident, Tracey Sharon Smith a 15 year old mother of four said 'It was such a shock, little Chardonnay-Leigh came running into my bedroom crying and my hands were shaking that much I could hardly skin up whilst I was watching Trisha'.
The British Red Cross has so far managed to send 4000 crates of Sunny Delight to the area to help with the crisis.
Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found numerous 'Elizabeth Duke' sovereigns, benefit books, bone china from Poundstretcher and Argos catalogues. However they have not managed to save any furniture from Captain Value as yet.

How can you help?

This appeal hopes to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in the disaster.
Clothing is most sought after. Urgently needed are LaCoste tracksuits (his and hers preferably), white socks, Burberry caps, woolly Beanny hats and Ellesse trainers.
Food parcels are also needed. They include McCain's Micro-chips, Aldi Beans, Monster Munch and Iceland Pizzas.
Alcohol is also in short supply, especially White Lightning Cider and Carlsberg Special Brew.
Cash Donations are also needed:-
22p buys a Bic Biro for signing on,
£2.50 buys a jumbo sausage dinner,
£3.00 buys a blag CD and
£26.00 buys 200 Regal from Tommo who has just got back from Kavos.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    What ever happened to Ellesse? They made some good gear back in the day.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'm suprised it missed Seacroft!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    How old is this! :p

Morley is actually alright.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Morley is actually alright.

Aye, and there's a surprising lack of scals in Harehills these days. ;)
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    How old is this! :p

No idea :)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    oh i love it! i used to go to college with a lass from morley...she may be the only one thats lowering the tone if its ok nowadays...not a lady shall we say! :p

However, has anyone seen Tommo lately, I need the 200 Regal he promised me a fortnight ago, I'm gagging here!
  • Options