Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bronchitis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone here had it? how long did it take for the antibiotics to kick in for you so you could breath normally again?

Comments

• Options
    I had it when I was about 15 but was in France at the time so got all sorts of funny medication (apparently that's what they do in France, give you loads and loads of stuff to take), think I got an improvement in a few days but took a few weeks until I was fully better.
  • Options
    Coughing is not keeping me awake in the night so much anymore and it hurts less but i am still very flemy and wheezing still at times. I started the tablets monday night.
  • Options
    Sounds like you're making progress then? Sorry to say it but it took me a good few weeks to get better, and I was a generally fighting fit 15 yr old!
  • Options
    Gosh when I had it, think I was ill all in all about 3 weeks.
    I should imagine a day or so for a slight change, then over the next 2 days it should speed up. It's the last bit that lingers!
  • Options
    So you were still ill after the tablets but it cleared itself up after yeah?
  • Options
    I've had bronchitis so many times I've lost count. It's horrid. Antibiotics always tend to make me feel worse before I feel better. The infection has usually gone before the cough has though.
  • Options
    I had it quite a while ago... I was ill for about 2 or 3 weeks... If you're not feeling much better after 5 days on meds it might be an idea to go back to the docs just incase you've got the wrong antibiotics.
    When I had bronchitis I was given an inhaler because my breathing was so bad, and that helped a lot.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    So you were still ill after the tablets but it cleared itself up after yeah?
    yeah I had a lingering cough, my chest felt a bit tight still and I still felt a bit unwell but no where near as bad as before I took them.