Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

5.1 Sourround Sound Speaker kit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Looking into buying a 5.1 surround sound kit but know nothing about speakers wattage or anything. I'd be looking to spend a maximum of £50 note's and preferably from someone in town because I'm going out tomorrow to shop for them.

I just need some idea's or recommendation's really. It's mostly for music as at the moment i have a temporary crappy set.

:)

Comments

• Options
    going for something without a av receiver then, i have a logitech digitheater in my room which works ace, not sure if they still make them tho, that was fairly cheap.

if you wanting it for a big room or for top notch, you aint gonna get much for that money
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    going for something without a av receiver then, i have a logitech digitheater in my room which works ace, not sure if they still make them tho, that was fairly cheap.

if you wanting it for a big room or for top notch, you ain't gonna get much for that money

Nah just something for the bedroom. The pc is in fact 7.1 ready but haven't come across an 7.1 kits within my price range as of yet so i'm going to settle for 5.1 at the moment
  • Options
    why dont you just use an audio lead so your pc music plays through your stereo? they are between 1 and 3 quid
  • Options
    I don't own a stereo otherwise that's possibly what i'd have done. Thanks though.
  • Options
    in terms of wattage, i got a 2.1 speaker system and the subwoofer is 24Watt which i think is enough even in my living room, and the satellite speakers are about 2.5 Watt (i think).

Mine are Creative Cambridge Soundworks, which i think are discontinuted as i've had them 7 years! and in that time had no problems with them at all. i think they called Creative Inspire now.
  • Options
    edn1 wrote:
    I don't own a stereo otherwise that's possibly what i'd have done. Thanks though.

you have 50 pound still? http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/98147/rb/22810503308

just over your limit but a good price
  • Options
    You can pick up kits off scan.co.uk / ebuyer.co.uk, thats what I did. <£7 for 2.1 speakers and the sound is just as good as any :confused:
  • Options
    You can pick up kits off scan.co.uk / ebuyer.co.uk, thats what I did. <£7 for 2.1 speakers and the sound is just as good as any :confused:

thats really not true man, a cheapo 2.1 system is nothing compared to a proper AV setup. More you spend better it is generally.

Mine is my room is pretty basic, cost about £70, for sub and 5 speakers, thats just running through my dvd players built in decoder.

The one we have in the lounge with its own decoder is 10 times better than the one in my room, that cost <£500.

ive heard peoples systems where they have spent £5k and such and its breathtaking the difference it makes.
  • Options
    try the Logitech X-530
  • Options
    Territt wrote:
    try the Logitech X-530

That is indeed the kit i have bought :)

Going to set it up shortly and hopefully it sounds wicked.
  • Options
    It's funny how you hear sound's, music, as you had never before. These speakers are just mind blowing.
  • Options
    badboy4life what kind of audio leads are you talking about? I'd be interested in playing my music from my laptop through my hi-fi but I'm not sure how I would connect them.