Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

She likes me but I never have a chance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically the situation is, I recently changed colleges and in one of my new classes (which I don't know anyone in) there is this girl who always sits on the opposite side of the room to me with all her friends and from the first time I saw her I knew I'd grow to become obsessed lol.
And I was right, I couldn't stop thinking about her but I thought that she hadn't even acknowledged my existance until a couple of weeks ago when not many of her friends turned up for the lesson and she came and sit next to me...the new, loner kid of the class who doesn't talk to anyone, completely out of the blue. Anyway we started talking and we got on really well, I mean REALLY well for two people who have never even spoken before and it soon became obvious to me that she was flirting. However after this lesson, she continued to sit with her friends but every lesson I always catch her looking at me (mainly cos I always end up looking at her) but either she or I glance away as soon as we make eye contact. Anyway I'm pretty sure she likes me due to our first encounter and the way she's always staring at me accross the room....trouble is she always sits with her friends and I don't know anyone in the class and I'm a really really shy person around people I don't know so I'm never even going to get the chance to get to know her better....
Any ideas guys?

Comments

• Options
    hhhmmm you could wait 'til she's on her own again.....first option I'd try is smiling next time you catch eyes, even if it's just a little grin and see what her reaction is - testing the water if you like.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    first option I'd try is smiling next time you catch eyes, even if it's just a little grin and see what her reaction is - testing the water if you like.

Yeah thats probably your best start!
    Then try and catch her on the way out of a lesson or something and have a chat then.
  • Options
    Cheers guys,
    Yeah that does sound like a plan...
    I walked past her the other day and we sort of smiled at eachother and nodded but I couldn't pluck up enough courage to talk to her, I couldn't think of anything to say off the top of my head lol
  • Options
    Just start out talking to her normally... your obviously doing the same course so you have something in common! Once you feel a bit more comfortable then try flirting with her a bit and take it from there!
  • Options
    just start with hi for the few times, it will feel much more comfortable if a slower natural progression takes place.
    you do not know if this girl likes you and seeing as you have to study with her, I'd take it very slow 'til you know the score.
  • Options
    Both very good points...
    Yeah I will pluck up the courage to talk, I'll start off asking about which film auteur she's chosen for her coursework or something...
    But yeah I don't think I'll be going in for the pull right yet, espescially (as you pointed out VinylVicky) as I'm studying with her...could be very embarrasing :lol:
  • Options
    all good advice there, she may be sitting round her friends when they are there because she is shy like you, and using them as a safety blanket.

So yea, trying the glancing and just saying hi is a good start.
  • Options
    If you get on with her well there's a good chance you'll get on with her friends- don't be scared of them.

Do you queue up before going into class? Say hi to her and ask her how she is. Try and wangle it in seminars that you work together. Take an interest in her and try not to be too put off by her mates.

Remember that shy bairns get nowt. You don't have her now, and if you ask her out and she says no, you don't have her. You have got nothing to lose. That doesn't mean you should bound in and propose to her, do take things slowly, speak to her more until you know her better, but don't forget to flirt with her. Make sure you are a bit cheeky with her, don't be just a friend.
  • Options
    Cheers guys, I'll be seeing her tomorrow so yeah I'm gona talk to her before class, as many have said, what have I got to lose?
  • Options
    best of luck man.
  • Options
    aw thats so cute! i wish a guy who i like would be obsesd with me haha
    but it sounds like the girl really does like you and if you catch her eye again maybe smile at her
    and try to talk to her if her mates leave her alone for a minute, it sucks they seem to be there alot
    you could ask if she has msn or something? or, as you seem sure she likes her just ask her out! you've got nothing to loose, you can always be mates if she says no (which she won't)
    good luck though, sounds like you have a good chance :) x
  • Options
    Cheers for the advice and support people,
    Lesson was cancelled today :( (Must be the only time that this has ever pissed me off lol) But Monday awaits...
  • Options
    Yeah but I don't feel I know her well enough to do that she might be a bit taken back. When we did talk we got on really well and I'm sure she was being flirty e.t.c but that's the only time I've spoken to her really apart from nodding at eachother in the corridors and catching her looking at me in class....I'm pretty sure she likes me but I'm not definate and I'd like to get to know her better first but it's hard cos she's always with her friends.
  • Options
    yeh i think its best to start saying hi and then try to sit near her or talk to her. shes probably as frustrated as you are!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    yeh i think its best to start saying hi and then try to sit near her or talk to her. shes probably as frustrated as you are!

Uh huh, agreed, but do it with a bit of banter and light teasing like Kermit said or you might come across as needy. Then gradually build it up to casually asking her out...