Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Book Review ! aaaahhh !!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
well ive got a book reviw to hand in on friday ! and im so stumped on what to write its for anthropolgy and the books under the kapok tree was wondering if any one else has read this and has any ideas on the book because to be honest i didnt find it interesting one bit, so understanding the concept is pretty difficult ! thank you ! :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've not read that book but I had to do an academic book review last year. I found that after reading the book itself and it's reviews on non-academic sites (e.g. www.amazon.com) then using published academic reviews of the same book was helpful (for direct quotes, paraphrasing and comparing opinions - don't forget to footnote and add to bibliography). You can often find these reviews by searching for the book title on "Google Scholar" (www.google.co.uk/scholar).

Include a brief synopsis of the book/ explain its main thesis, argument etc. Try to analyse the books strengths and it's weaknesses. Who is the book aimed at? Is it accessible, easy to follow etc? Does the book achieve what it set out to do?

The book I had to review was very confusing and I thought I was being stupid for not being about to understand large chunks of it until I read some published reviews of the book that basically said the book was badly written and hard to understand!

Good luck :)