Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Getting Over It- When??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it just me or does anyone else have these problems moving on that they cant seem to get rid off. I split with my gf 2 months ago not through my choice and I never really got any real reasons to it so had to accept it and for about 2 weeks I was so gutted but gradually things seemed ok but now every few days I go back to I was straight afterwards thinking about it loads and missing her even though I know things wern't brilliant, coz I keep thinking how things could have changed and all these memories and everything. She was my first 'proper' gf and it lasted about a year and I know people always say you'll get over it and it'll heal but when?? Im going to uni soon so I know there will be new people but I cant seem to move on and when I do I just drag myself back by thinking about her again.......

Comments

• Options
    i cant really give u any advice as i must be the worst person in the world for getting over people.

i went out with a guy 1 1/2 yrs ago and i still think wot mite have happened cuz it lasted bout a week then he split wit me for no reason. about that time i met this completly sexy guy and he never went out wit me but we snogged a few times and then nothing happened and i dont know y,

then in about june i met this perfect guy who was so lovely telling me he'd go out wit me when school term finished and he'd done his exams then he told me he didnt want a relationship and i dont know y.

so there r 3 guy who broke ties with me for no apparant reason and i think thats y i never got over them.

so my advice is to find out y she split with u so u know and then u wont wonder y it all happened.

good luck
  • Options
    No1 can really answer the question of when should u get over sum1 as every1 is different.

I generally take ages getting over sum1 but sum of my mates can get over sum1 in a matter of days.

I find wot helps me is not having ne contact wit them 4 a while, do u still keep in contact wit ur ex?

If u do maybe suggest slowing it down 2 give u time 2 get over it. If u don't keep in contact wit her ne way then its gonna be hard but if u just try & go out wit ur mates & throw ur self in2 ur work & goin out etc the feelings will slowly fade.
  • Options
    Oh my god DCR i so know how u feel !!!

My g/f dumped me last week, and i tried and tried but on monday she made it clear it was over. Now the "healing" process begins and to be honest im shit scared of it.....

I love her sooo much, she is just so perfect for me. I have regrets in the relationship (things ive done), and now its time to pick myslef up. We maybe rushed things a bit, she said she wanted to be with me forever, tonight I think I saw her in this other guys car. I feel physically sick, I've got sooo much to organise for uni, but my mind keeps wandering.

Im off to uni too, hopefully seein it as a new start, but its hard, damn hard. I love my ex soo much it hurts, and I guess time will tell whats gonna happen.

All we can do is stick in there mate.

Mama I love you, Mama I care.
  • Options
    Thanx for all the advice. I can relate to what ur saying confusedmale so well, apparently my ex didnt want a relationship yet now shes getting close with someone. And she said the same things about lasting for ages and everything and then suddenly thats it. In relation to the first reply I dont see her at all now which made it harder going from seeing her nearly every day for 11 months to not seeing her at all when I felt so much for her. I just hate the way things have to end like that when one person wants it and the other dosnt. I was sure I could change her mind and bring her round but I couldnt and even though deep down I know theres no chance for us again I keep thinking perhaps there is one day but with uni and eveything it is a fresh start kind of so I guess things have to move on but it dosnt stop me thinking about it loads even 2 months on...