Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Did I see a Eurofighter?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just got back from a few days in the Welsh valleys. And I could've sworn I saw a Eurofighter blasting overhead, before banking hard left. Light grey, big delta wing etc.

My uncle says there's only one in the country, that it must've been some American jet. But the Americans don't have anything remotely similar. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    You see quite a lot of stuff flying round that area, there's a base angelsey direction IIRC. Grey and delta wing covers quite a lot of stuff though!
  • Options
    Didnt one of the reporters for ITN news [recently] go to an base in the UK and get to fly one of them to show how easy to use they are to fly. So that's probably the one in the contry don't see why you couldn't have seen it.
  • Options
    It was batman I tells ya, yeh they all say I'm crazy but I'm onto them!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Yerascrote wrote:
    It was batman I tells ya, yeh they all say I'm crazy but I'm onto them!
    :yes: i saw the bat light in the sky, its all true!
  • Options
    Just got back from a few days in the Welsh valleys.

Ooo, you were in my neck of the woods were ya?

Where to??
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Sweeeeet. You may well have done, there is one here, and it'd be getting alot of use, presumabl over fairly unpopulated areas.

I have seen many RAF, Army, and Navy vehicles in holidays. Seen a Tornado is Scotland, and a Chinook, and Nuclear subs. All at one place, Loch Lomond!

Also seen a ton of other stuff.

There are only a few Aircraft that follow the Europfighters shape, with the canards and lack of rear fins. These are all HIGHLY UNLIKLEY to be down there, as they are:
    Saab's - Not likley, Swedish. Grippens and Viggens are not often seen randomly above wales.
    The Chengdu J-10 - Less likley, Chinese. Not seen outside China too often.
    The MiG 1.44 - Even less likley, one exists, only a prototype. Not flown outside of russia.

As such, I'd say, you either saw a Eurofighter or something blasting past so fast as to be unrecogniseable. There is some Yankee jet with that shape, but I don't think it's in active service anymore.

Could have been a tornado with the wings back for fast flight, if you didn't get a good look at it, it'd have a delta shape to the wings.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Don't get many fighters flying over us, though we get shed loads of Air Corps shit flying over head. And if you take a trip across Salisbury Plain sometimes you have stop at tank crossings for what seems like endless columns of vehicles.

Intresting huh?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Welsh Jemz wrote:
    Ooo, you were in my neck of the woods were ya?

Where to??

I was in Snowdonia, a little village called Dinas Mawddwy. Although we had no idea how to pronounce it.

And the planes would fly right down the valley. Was v. cool. Saw a Hawk, and a GR Tornado with its wings swept back.

But yeah, the only other planes I've seen with the delta wing and canards are the Saabs and the Dassault Rafale. Which are even less likely. So unless I imagined the canards on a Tornado F3 then I guess it must have been. Cool.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Get your anoraks out! :p
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i can see the red arrows from the area i live. :D
  • Options
    1130381.jpg

F-15E been around recently.
  • Options
    Have you looked for pictures of the Eurofighter Typhoon? Click
  • Options
    As it stands today (well a few days ago) there are 35 Typhoon's in service with the RAF.....

I dont spot them or anything. Just kinda know a bit about this.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Nash wrote:
    1130381.jpg

F-15E been around recently.

That's NOT an F15-E.

I see the Red Arrows flying over my house quite a bit too. Also Chinooks, Lnx's and Puma's.

For some reason, there was a Canadian Lynx about alot last year. :s
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    That's NOT an F15-E.

I see the Red Arrows flying over my house quite a bit too. Also Chinooks, Lnx's and Puma's.

For some reason, there was a Canadian Lynx about alot last year. :s

Hotlinking mustn't be allowed, the pic has changed.