Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Freindship to relationship

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive known this guy for years and years and we now have feelings for each other but havent told each other! I no, i no dont say anything lol. For me its weird to act differently around him because Ive known him for so long, if you get me! Don't no wether to be full out flirty like am i with otherguys, or tone it down a bit :confused: Hes also quite shy, never had a proper gf, if he doesnt make a move, should I just put my nerves behind me and possibly amke a fool of myself?

Comments

• Options
    haha sounds like a slightly similar situation Iwas in the other week, i went in for the kill and got knocked back - but that doesnt mean you will. Bite the bullet and go for it!
  • Options
    If you want him you should just grab his arse firmly and kiss him within an inch of his life.

Sod subtlety, it doesn't work.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    i went in for the kill and got knocked back - but that doesnt mean you will. Bite the bullet and go for it!

Thanks youve made me feel much more confident! Were going out on like a double date thingy tonight, wasnt planned as double date though, just most ppl cant come, and Im giving him a lift howm after so may make a go of it then! Oooo Im scared, y are these thigns so hard! In my mind its really easy but I get so nervous!
  • Options
    Super_Star wrote:
    Thanks youve made me feel much more confident! Were going out on like a double date thingy tonight, wasnt planned as double date though, just most ppl cant come, and Im giving him a lift howm after so may make a go of it then! Oooo Im scared, y are these thigns so hard! In my mind its really easy but I get so nervous!
    Ididn't mean to make you feel like that! But hey, the guy I'm, talking about - we had only ever planned a date about a year ago and that turned to nothing - we ended up in bed together and it stayed as sex!!
    Go for the date and see how u get on - is he's planning things like that then you are in a much better position that I was!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If you want him you should just grab his arse firmly and kiss him within an inch of his life.

Sod subtlety, it doesn't work.

Haha, agreed. Men don't do subtlety - you can put all the little signals and feelers out there you want, but if he's like most men he probably won't notice and even if he does he probably won't be certain what you want. If you want him then big action (as brilliantly described by Kermit!) should do the job...
  • Options
    Ok Im going to go for it tonight! Dont no how, but I am!

I think:nervous:

O god im scared! lol
  • Options
    it will come naturally, I'm sure!
  • Options
    If you are already mates why don't you just ask him out someplace? to see a movie, grab a coffee etc..?
  • Options
    If you are already mates why don't you just ask him out someplace? to see a movie, grab a coffee etc..?

Its not one of them friendships where we see each other alone, if you get me! So id basically be making my feelings very obvious, yes i no i shld do that but....!

Maybe after tonight I will!
  • Options
    Super_Star wrote:
    we now have feelings for each other but havent told each other!

If you know he has feelings for you, what's the issue? How do you know he feels differently now, or are you just assuming/hoping he does?

As you don't make a habit of seeing him alone then that's the perfect opportunity for you. I'd ask him for a coffee as that's quite subtle (no cliches like with 'a drink' or a movie), but since it's just the two of you that makes it not too subtle... and then see how he reacts. If he comes out with "Um, I don't think of you as a potential girlfriend, sorry" then you can cover your back with a reply like "Oh no, I just thought it would be nice to get to know each a bit better just one on one, as we're always in a group" - bit less embarrassing than if you've blatently asked him on a date.

Oh and I'd recommend saying something rather than hinting or being flirty like you are with other guys. He's known you a long time and is most likely well aware of how you act around guys you fancy, so if you start doing that around him he might feel a bit odd and not quite know how to react, especially as you said he's a bit shy. A subtle but direct approach seems to me the best way to get your answer with the least amount of embarrassment on both sides.

Don't be shy, remember the saying: he who doesn't ask, doesn't get. Good luck!
  • Options
    ahh im in a similiar situation at the moment aswell.

ive known the lady in question for about a year n have been mad on her since i knew her and she shot a video for my band t'other week and we got on really well and i asked if she would like to start dating etc and she said yeah i would love to. I was so happy, waited a year for this opportunity and i certainly didnt want to screw it up. so i kept dribbling over her to a minimum and gave a few hugs n held her hand n stuff and next day she said i feel like were still friends and not dating. So i think this was due to me not wanting to kiss her (i certainly did want to kiss her but i didnt want to make a move n it backfire on me).

I am seeing her tuesday on halloween were going a gomez and morticia Addams so i am thinking of just making how i feel known, grabbing her and kissing her and explaining why i didnt make the moves i did t'other night.

Is this a good idea?
  • Options
    Go for it, men are as subtle as a sledgehammer so forget about any covert moves or dropping hints.

My boyfriend and I have been friends for years and years, I fancied the pants off him as long as I can remember and all it took was sticking the lips on him one night to set things in motion. I wish someone had told me to do it five years ago... :thumb:
  • Options
    she knows i like her and i just want it to be so much more than friends.

She also said she needed time and we would have a go in the future but i want to make that certain if thast the case, let her know what shes missing.

Cheers Briggi!
  • Options
    You need to mark yourself as a potential romantic and sexual partner rather than a friend; the obvious and easy way to do that is to kiss her. The worst that can happen is a rebuttal, but if she's confessed to liking you that's unlikely, she's probably just harbouring little hope of you actually taking the initiative.
  • Options
    is there anything else i can do aswell?

yeh i know she wanted me to kiss her on the date cus she said you didnt make any moves, so im pretty sure she wont pull off kinda thing.

your being rather helpful! 'Hugs'
  • Options
    is there anything else i can do aswell?

If you want someone to see you as a sexual being then you need to show that you are a sexual being. Touching her, holding her and kissing her are the most important ways of doing this; that, and being a shameless flirt.

If you dare not make a move on her then you won't win her- she's telling you to make a move, ffs. You can't get a much bigger hint than that.

If you act like a friend that is all you will be- you need to flirt, you need to be suggestive, show a sexual side, as well as being a friend.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Kermit wrote:
    If you act like a friend that is all you will be- you need to flirt, you need to be suggestive, show a sexual side, as well as being a friend.

:yes: you might find this article on flirting helpful. Good luck :)