Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How annoying...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Two weeks ago I lost my driving licence. I looked everywhere for it, rang the police station, etc. Couldn't find it so spent £19 ordering a new one.

Well anyways, I've just gone to take my washing out of the washing machine and put it in the tumble dryer and there it was! In the washing machine! How the fuck did it get in my washing bag?!

I'm well annoyed!!!

Weirdly enough, it survived going into the washing machine...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's amazing what seems to be able to survive the washing machine.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I went for a year and half without having my license :p

I dont think ill ever know where it went! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Ah well, keep your nice new one at home safe for official things and use the washed one for ID I suppose.
  • Options
    Thats what I'm going to do.

My new licence is going to be put away in a safe place for when I learn to drive.

The licence I found today is going to be for alcohol purposes :D
  • Options
    I lost mine whilst drunk once, and some kind samaritan posted it through my door :yes:
  • Options
    My dad threw mine away :yeees: Well, the card bit.

I left it by the computer while I was seeing what dates were avalible for my theory test. I didn't get paid til midnight so I thought "rather than put this away again, I'll leave it here to book it in the morning"

Dad asks me what it is. I tell him, he doesn't believe me and bins it. I therefore can't book my theory test and have to use my hard earnt money for ordering a new one. Gah.
  • Options
    I lost a credit card for near 2 weeks once... I found it in my shoe... the same shoes I had been wearing for the last 2 weeks...

The weird places you'll find things... And how much crap always ends up in the laundry!
  • Options
    Haha! How did you not feel that?
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    My dad threw mine away :yeees: Well, the card bit.

I left it by the computer while I was seeing what dates were avalible for my theory test. I didn't get paid til midnight so I thought "rather than put this away again, I'll leave it here to book it in the morning"

Dad asks me what it is. I tell him, he doesn't believe me and bins it. I therefore can't book my theory test and have to use my hard earnt money for ordering a new one. Gah.
    Why would he bin it?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Why would he bin it?
    Because it didn't look like his so he didn't believe it was a driving licence. :rolleyes: My dad lives in the 1970's still.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Because it didn't look like his so he didn't believe it was a driving licence. :rolleyes: My dad lives in the 1970's still.
    Did he think it was fake ID or something?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Harsh!

I always leave shit in my pockets when I come home from teh piss. Do'h.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Captain wrote:
    It's amazing what seems to be able to survive the washing machine.
    Yup. I had a small, flat flashlight that surived not only being washed and dried, but the ironing process as well. It worked fine too.