Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

a blast from the past

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
an old friend contacted me with one of those silly "this person has added you to there friends list" things, and i sent him a reply saying that if he wanted to talk then reply but if not to just ignore it. only thing, i left all my friends in a hurry and didn't really get to say goodbye, and then i couldn't really keep in touch. some of these people were lovely but one or two were heavily involved in recreational drug use. Even though i now wouldn't even be tempted, i'm just wondering if it's worth giving these people a chance. it's been nearly 2 years and these people really could of changed, but i have moved on i have a completely new life. But there is still a few friends who i still miss...

what do i do???

Comments

• Options
    link.
  • Options
    can't link it, it was an email....
  • Options
    id say go for it and meet them again, if it's still a bit rubbish then dont go and see them after that.
  • Options
    What will you lose by meeting them again?
  • Options
    I was in a simmilar situation to you except it was kind of the other way round...
    I had some really good friends who I had known since I was like 3 years old then when I was about 15 I started getting into drugs quite heavily and I abandoned them for new friends who shared my new 'hobby'. Alot of these new friends were scum and I ditched them quite quickly however a fair few were really decent people and I am so glad I made friends with them.
    However I lost contact with some of my closest friends for a while but it hit me a few months ago how much I missed them and I made the effort to start seeing them again and I'm SO glad I did. Now I have two groups of really good friends who I share my time between. My old friends accepted me back despite my use of drugs and it doesn't affect them because I don't do it with them and I don't try to force it on them...if you're old mates are decent enough people then whether they do drugs or not shouldn't have that much of an impact on you and yes I think it's definately worth getting back into contact with them. :)