Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

blumming fireworks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's broad daylight and someone is setting fireworks off. What's the point when you can hardly see them?

Comments

• Options
    that happened here yest, it's bound to be kids
  • Options
    My mates were in the pub and some little shits came running in and threw a lit firework in - it went fucking everywhere, bouncing off the walls and all sorts. They had to leg it to the toilet with their coats over their heads.

I fucking hate kids.
  • Options
    i would have thought so, the chavvy kids next door are havin far much more fun leaning our wheely bin against the door so that it falls on one of us as we open it to walk out. cant complain tho, another neighbour got a brick through their window for that, id rather just put up with it.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    We had that a few days ago. It's really annoying :|

It scares my cats :(
  • Options
    Cos it's a bit of fun. Boys like to mess around, fireworks are a good thing to mess around with, put 2+2 together.
  • Options
    People spoil the enjoyment of fireworks, I don't know why they are sold to the public, They should be kept for Organised displays.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Cos it's a bit of fun. Boys like to mess around, fireworks are a good thing to mess around with, put 2+2 together.

My brother thought that, Until he blew his hand up!
  • Options

What's that got to do with anything?
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    What's that got to do with anything?

We were discussing that it's probably kids that are throwing the fireworks about in daylight. Then you said it's typical of what young lads do. And then xXxXxSarahxXxXx said that her brother thought it was a laugh til he blew his hand up.

I understand why she mentioned it, anyway.
  • Options
    whose ever heard of fireworks day
  • Options
    People spoil the enjoyment of fireworks, I don't know why they are sold to the public, They should be kept for Organised displays.
    Oh yes, and then the organised displays would be rammed, and probably cause more of a health and safety risk :)

Tbh, I feel much safer with fireworks at home or at a family party, you know what's going off where and when. The two times I went to an organised firework display, one ended up that a rocket fell and flew off in the wrong direction (narrowly missing the crowd of people) and at the other, my mate was standing too close to one (obviously not knowing where it was) and when it went off it scared the hell out of her.

No ones fault but both put a bit of an edge on the nights. At least when my dad does them in the garden I know that they're at the top of the garden and I know the safest places to be :) Each to their own though.
  • Options
    We were discussing that it's probably kids that are throwing the fireworks about in daylight. Then you said it's typical of what young lads do. And then xXxXxSarahxXxXx said that her brother thought it was a laugh til he blew his hand up.

I understand why she mentioned it, anyway.

Well I knew that, I just had a hunch she was mentioning that to say fireworks aren't cool to mess about with, they are. You can't blame anyone but yourself if you hold one for too long or if you light one with a small fuse or pick one up off the ground if you think it's a dud but it's not. Even as a kid I knew what not to do with fireworks, common sense really.
  • Options

I agree that people who prat around with them are useless. My cousins used to shoot them out of drainpipes towards neighbours trees. How there was never an accident is beyond me :no:.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Well I knew that, I just had a hunch she was mentioning that to say fireworks aren't cool to mess about with, they are. You can't blame anyone but yourself if you hold one for too long or if you light one with a small fuse or pick one up off the ground if you think it's a dud but it's not. Even as a kid I knew what not to do with fireworks, common sense really.

Fair enough. Maybe I don't understand because I've never had the urge to play with fireworks - actually, neither have any of the lads I know.

I lie - one lad I know who used to rob cars. He threw a firework through someone's letter box once. Not cool.
  • Options
    He threw a firework through someone's letter box once. Not cool.

God if someone did that to me I'd be so scared.

I used to tell my cousins off when they pratted about with them (They were about 13 and 18, so I'd of been 9) telling them they were "silly little boys"

As you would expect, they didn't listen to their little cousin :(
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    God if someone did that to me I'd be so scared.

Nothing bad has ever happened to me personally with fireworks, but I'm still fucking terrified of them. I'd never have them in my garden... I can just about handle a display but I really don't like it, I just go with my mates and cover my ears. Yes, I am THAT sad. :D