Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Quick question about PC Cases

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would you prefer the Antec P180 or the Solo (i.e. p150 in black not white).

I cannae decide :(. The solo has slightly better looks, but I like the top exhaust fan and such of the p180 - massive airflow. So yea, thought I'd ask you guys :-)

P180

B0009PD3SW.01-A1AJVWO2HMT2XY.LZZZZZZZ.gifp180_2.jpg

Solo

0761345185004m.jpg2.jpg

Also, the Solo is about 5/9ths of the price ish..

Comments

• Options
    P180 much nicer...really clean looking
  • Options
    I've seen the P180. It's quite big, and plastic, fairly well built though. Personally i think the bottom one is smarter, and you dont have to faff around with doors (Although my current case has a door)
  • Options
    I would go with the P180 looks clean and nice
  • Options
    I like the top one but then could be more hassle when putting in CD ROM's etc and having to cnstantly open and close the front door
  • Options
    Buy a Meccano set and build your own open case. :)
  • Options
    This is an image of the case opened... not the most beautiful thing

P180_front_open.jpg
  • Options
    That look too nice now...
  • Options
    I mean, I'm not that shallow, but I've got to live with the thing, and it looks like a server case right out of the 90s like that :(. I have extreme unhappiness. But apparently, the Solo case is really small and can be annoying with big PSUs and such. But I'm planning on a tried and tested antec truepower :thumb: (not sure the difference between truepower and smartpower but nevermind :-))
  • Options
    Ok, so I'm going with the P180, silver or black? :p

Also found a relatively cheap power supply (well, £40) but it has the PCI-E label on. Tagans and co are too expensive for me :(

I'm thinking Silver, but black computers do go faster...
  • Options
    P180 in silver be my bet:thumb:
    I you have a black one it will look too much like a plain server type case.

The drives on the P180 look like they got some sort of Hot-Swappable caddies, isnt that a bit overkill?
  • Options
    If you mean the front drives, that's just to make it easier to load them. Same with my Antec sonata, you basically have two drive rails which you screw the drive in whilst its outside the computer, and then slide it in the front.

On the hard drive, I think it's just convenience again, rather than mounting them sideways which restricts airflow, they mount them forwards, to make it easier the hdd bays are on rails so you can get to the other side :D.

Lol, probably overkill, but you know. The rel reason I got it is because it's got pretty much some of the best thermal performance on the market. Also noise is pretty quiet. And it's a status symbol, need an expensive case!

I just blew £900 in 20 minutes :| there goes my student loan...