Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sparkplugs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone ever changed their originals?

If so what do you recommend and did it improve your car's MPG figures or performance?

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Net + Tech?

Erm, spark plugs ain't gonna do too much to performance. But I'd say go for a reputable brand, for efficency and quality.
  • Options
    what gerbil said, get champion or ngk or something. Jesus do you pither about things. you're worse than a girl!
  • Options
    Just use NGK. Don't bother with 'performance' brands, as they make naff-all difference for the most part.
  • Options
    Just use NGK. Don't bother with 'performance' brands, as they make naff-all difference for the most part.

I was looking at the NGK V Groove ones that are supposed to create a slightly larger spark, and improve MPG figures.

Don't know if it's just marketing hype or for real
  • Options
    A good spark is a good spark. Everything happens so quickly, any gimmicks are rather pointless.

Don't get me wrong, different plugs can make a difference. Especially if you're in a turbocharged car, and have wound the boost up - a colder grade plug can last much longer, and be more reliable. But as far as the gimmicks go... useless in an average car.

Look at it this way - if standard spark plug designs work properly at 12000rpm in my motorbike, chances are they'll be working very well at 6500rpm in your car. :)