Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Houndstooth Coat..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-BLACK-WHITE-DOGTOOTH-TWEED-BOMBER-JACKET-10_W0QQitemZ190043922504QQihZ009QQcategoryZ53368QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I saw this jacket in a little independant store while shopping in Plymouth yesterday, for £30.
I'm really tempted to go back on sunday and buy it, but I'm not sure what to wear it with..
I'm 16, doing my first year of A Levels, so I'm not really into the whole sophisticated-lady-pencil-skirt scene.. kinda dress a bit 'indie/h&m'ish though. My winter wardrobe is mainly cream, grey or striped.. so pfft. Would I need to buy a load more clothes to go with it?

Opinions please :)

Comments

• Options
    jeans? eta: not really keen on the ribbed bit.
  • Options
    i like that, its proper funky. looks good with the top and jeans she's wearing in the picture
  • Options
    I was thinking of buying some black straight legged jeans to go with it (they'd go with most of my wardrobe tbh). I bought some fantastic fitting dark-blue New Look jeans yesterday, with gold stitching, that might look nice.

Kinda feel like I need to start dressing a bit smarter/maturely if I'm gonna be wearing houndstooth.
  • Options
    i think it`d look equally nice with jeans as with a pencil skirt, so u wont need to buy any new bottoms, i would reccomend new tops tho, black, white, mustard and jade work well with houndstooth
    x
  • Options
    I think it's vile.

You could get something from Primark 4390 times nicer.
  • Options
    ^^ yeah its not exactly my style, plus it wont keep ya very warm! its gettin chilly out

primark have the long version for £35
  • Options
    i really like it without that black bit at the bottom!! which is really annoying cuz it puts me off otherwise i would buy it!! but in primark thers a really nice similar one, for abuot 12 quid! bargain!!
  • Options
    Haven't seen the one in Primark..
    There was a grey tweed version of this coat aswell.. might try that.

I tend to stay away from long coats, they seem to make me look even shorter. Thats what attracted me to this bomber thingy ;/
  • Options
    doesn't look like it's gonna keep you very warm.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Sometimes that just isn't the point though, is it ;)
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    I tend to stay away from long coats, they seem to make me look even shorter. Thats what attracted me to this bomber thingy ;/
    I got a shorter Dogtooth coat from Dorothy Perkins, think how that one you like will keep your belly warm in the snow :p
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    I got a shorter Dogtooth coat from Dorothy Perkins, think how that one you like will keep your belly warm in the snow :p
    If that's the one I'm thinking of it's lovely and is much nicer than the one posted in here.
  • Options
    Well I went to try it again today and I didn't get it.. it actually looked pretty smart on but I felt a bit awkward in that print.
    So I'm on the lookout for another jacket now.