Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pill question!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi!

Sorry, but it's another question about going on the pill! I have looked on the internet but I would like peoples experience if possible.

Basically i'm going on holiday next year with my boyfriend and I would like to be on the pill for then. I've heard that it could take a while for women's bodies to get used to the pill, by this I mean that periods could be irregular and there could be side effects.

So I was wondering, for those who are on the pill, how long did it take for your body to get used to it?

I'm not entirely sure when to go on it as I don't really need to go on it at the moment (as we don't get the chance to have sex when we live with parents!).

I'm going away in April and I don't want to have any side effects on holiday! Also I don't want to be on my period on holiday so I'd have to run 2 packs together or work it out so I would have my period before we go.

I hope that makes sense, any advice would be great!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My body switched onto the first one quite happily, but that was Dianette which is a little strange.

If you went on it soon you'd be fine by April, fine by Christmas I suspect!