Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

An ex wants to be friends on myspace

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
He's applied to be a friend on my space. We split a week before i met Nick (nearly 6 years ago). It ended badly and he told a mutual friend a few lies about me. I've been bitter ever since. Do i accept and be mature about this, swallow an old grudge? Or do i deny?

And why would he search me out? I'm sure i saw him in town the other day, maybe he saw me too. Hmmmm.

Comments

• Options
    6 years is a long time, maybe he's grown up a bit and just wants to be mates ??
  • Options
    I see from his profile he's divorced, but has a gf. I wonder what she'd think about him contacting old partners. Even more of a worry what will my fiance think? He's seen pictures of my ex.
  • Options
    dont accept him then.
    Whats the point.
  • Options
    i'm sure if she trusted him she wouldn't worry about him contacting you.

and i agree with scc - if you don't wanna accept it then don't!
  • Options
    and i agree with scc - if you don't wanna accept it then don't!

Agreed. If you reject someone on MySpace they don't get a big alert shouting "WARNING THIS PERSON THINKS YOU'RE A CREEP!". In fact they get nothing. If you don't want him on there, don't accept him and if he gets pissy about it, laugh at him til he cries.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    it sounds to me like you deep down want to accept him, but you dont know what will happen if you do...i.e your fiance.

i wouldnt worry about that if i were you, just because you have someone on myspace doesnt mean that you are automatically wanting to get back with them.

its simple, if you want to, do it, if not, dont. :)
  • Options
    Its only myspace.

I agree with Bunny_o. Just because they have added you, that doesn't mean that they want to get back with you. I've had loads of people add me to their myspace that I don't talk to anymore.

If you don't wanna accept him though, then don't.
  • Options
    accept him - atleast u get a chance to be all petty and stuff :D u can always block him.
    6 years is a long time, he may just want to make ammends.
  • Options
    Don't accept him, he sounds like a pathetic man who's life has gone to shit and is trying to relive his youth to make him feel better. I don't think he's trying to make amends, he's just trying to make himself feel better about how badly things have gone for him.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    He's applied to be a friend on my space. We split a week before i met Nick (nearly 6 years ago). It ended badly and he told a mutual friend a few lies about me. I've been bitter ever since. Do i accept and be mature about this, swallow an old grudge? Or do i deny?

And why would he search me out? I'm sure i saw him in town the other day, maybe he saw me too. Hmmmm.

what the crap does it make different it he's on a fictional list on a stupid website. Put him on there, or ignore him - as I did when I didn't want to deal with certain people on myspace...

I don't have myspace anymore. It's stupid.
  • Options
    Its myspace ffs. who gives a.