Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

period not started

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey.

Im taking the pill and im on my break at the moment, i started my break on saturday, and i still haven't started my period yet. Kinda worried. I've taken the pill properly, but i was just wondering if i should be worried or not.

Comments

• Options
    Have you just started using the pill? It sometimes takes a few months for your period to settle after just starting with the pill. If you have been taking your pill correctly, ie at the same time every day and haven't missed any/been sick/or taking any antibiotics I wouldn't worry too much. Stressing about your period can also disrupt it.
  • Options
    what type are you on?

since i've been on a new type i've had no periods at all on my breaks, the docs told me it's normal cause there isn't enough hormone to make any lining - usually i've you're on a lower dose pill.
  • Options
    Hey.

Im taking the pill and im on my break at the moment, i started my break on saturday, and i still haven't started my period yet. Kinda worried. I've taken the pill properly, but i was just wondering if i should be worried or not.

so you had your last tablet on saturday or friday?

i take my last tablet on thursday night and get my period on monday night.
    i'm on microgynon 30.
  • Options
    Took my last pill on Friday, Im on microgynon 30 as well, normally it does take a bit before my period starts but i cant remember how long so i was wondering if it was normal.

Thanks for the help
  • Options
    well if you take the same amount of time as me you'll get your period tonight..!

everyone's different though.
  • Options
    friend whos on microgynon 30 stops on thurs and starts their period saturday. :thumb:
  • Options
    i took my last pill on monday so i should get mine friday or saturday, it varies, i am on Loestrin 30
  • Options
    when i was on microgynon i took my last pill on a mon and didnt come on till the satuday!
  • Options
    im on yasmin. my last pill is on wednesday and i come on on saturday.

since i went off my pill and came back on it after 3 months i don't get any period pains now and just a day or 2 of pmt so i think im going to change my come-on date to a weekday so i always have a period-free weekend! i used to get migraines and bad pains before so i needed the weekend to sleep it off.
  • Options
    i was on microgynon 30....my periods came as normal at first, but gradually got so light i was hardly bleeding at all....but it was giving me chest pains at the end of each pack so i was put on loestrin 20 - and i just got dark discharge on my breaks and now i get nothing!