Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Coming off the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
~I know there is another post about coming off the pill but it doesnt really help me~

I came off the pill about 3ish weeks ago, I had a little period - 2 days. I'm just abit worried as I thought I'd be bleeding more, Im gonna take a pregnancy test if I dont come on within the next week. If Im not pregnant - which I dont think i am, then how long should I leave it untill going to the Docs??

Cheers for the advise!

Comments

• Options
    when you come off the pill you are coming off regular hormones. therefore your body will react differently because it will be getting used to it. its normal to not get a period for months after coming off the pill so the fact that you've had a small one suggests things are fine. unless you genuinely think theres a chance you could be pregnant?
  • Options
    I missed a couple of pills towards the end of it, I thought it would be ok and we had sex. I did try and get in at the docs, but then we went on holiday.
  • Options
    was you period really light like spotting or was it normal?
  • Options
    Spotting, it was wierd, like when I wiped myself there was blood, but on the pad there was nothing.
  • Options
    Briony wrote:
    I missed a couple of pills towards the end of it, I thought it would be ok and we had sex. .

why would it be ok? it's just the same as any other time regardless if you're stopping taking it. you need to finish the packet.
  • Options
    Briony wrote:
    Spotting, it was wierd, like when I wiped myself there was blood, but on the pad there was nothing.
    well then i suggest you take a test. you can take it as soon as you get one because you could be considered as being late.
  • Options
    why would it be ok? it's just the same as any other time regardless if you're stopping taking it. you need to finish the packet.

I know, and I know I was stupid. I was excited cos I was goin on holiday and wasnt thinking right.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    well then i suggest you take a test. you can take it as soon as you get one because you could be considered as being late.

Thanks, I'll go and get one soon. I havent even had any period symptoms - normally my back aches at the bottom and nothing.