Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Alcohol

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Daft question but i am daft and it's late and im tired. Is there like a time of the day when you can't get alcohol? Say like 9 in the morning.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know Tesco round my way don't sell after either 10pm or 11pm, I can't say I've ever tried to buy alcohol at that time of the morning though.
  • Options
    Sunday trading hours mean they're only allowed to open for 6 hours on a sunday. Supermarkets open at either 10 or 11 on a sunday.
  • Options
    It's only a small shop and they open at 7.
  • Options
    we have a drunk in our house, he's always out by 8am drinking. i don't think theres any problems buying alch in the mornings from that shop
  • Options
    24 hour Tesco has a 24 hour licence round here. It closes on Saturday night though.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Before this new legalisation you couldn't buy alcohol 24 7. Now it's all changed so I don't know. I'm pretty sure your local store isn't going to sell you any before 10 in the morning though.

I'm lucky in the fact our local shop really doesn't seem to give a fuck. On a regular basis, after a night on class A's we'll go round the local as early as 04:30 to buy drink. There's an real old boy who does a paper round who always asks 'been ravin?' :lol:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i cant get it wen i aint at me dads
  • Options
    Round here it's a bit shit.

Pubs stay open to 2-3 but off-licences don't stay open long.

There's certain places where you can knock on the door and they'll serve you till 3 but that's the height of it.

Of course, we have shebeens that stay open to 5 and 6 in the morning but that would be telling! ;)
  • Options
    Stock up and yopu dont face these proiblems...

sinmpel answer/
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:

sinmpel answer/

Eggs act ley!

I'm still drinking a tin of stella I stashed form about 11, cunts though are always looking a drink at 2 in the morning and shit! :mad: :D:D:D :thumb:
  • Options
    my local shop wont sell before 10 on a sunday, i dont know if its still the law or he's an arse.

in the week asda sell it 24/7

sorry not loads of help
  • Options
    I think shops still have to be licenced like pubs do, so they have to apply for an extended licence to sell earlier or later than what they used to.
  • Options
    I think shops still have to be licenced like pubs do, so they have to apply for an extended licence to sell earlier or later than what they used to.

EVERYONE who sells alcohol had to apply for a new license (when the new laws came in) even if you were still going to be trading the same hours. Why so many pubs round here closed down for a month because the stupid twits didn't get their new license. Then when you got your new license you applied for different hours, if you wanted too. The 6 hour Sunday trading slot for stores only applies to large supermarkets, department stores etc. Our offy is open 9am-10pm on a Sunday as it's a small shop
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:

sinmpel answer/
    no way, the more I have in, the more I drink it!