Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

when does ramadam end? or has it already?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone know when it ends?

purely for the reason that the kebab shop doesnt open at lunch during ramadam, and people here fancy one for lunch. hasnt been open for a couple of weeks.

ta!

Comments

• Options
    Is it not today?

In fact I think it's tomorrow, is that not what Diwali is about, marking the end of it?

Of course I could be talking utter crap so best not listen to me :p
  • Options
    isnt diwali for seihks?

i think Eid is the end of ramadam....hmmm noone knows.

i want a kebab! inconsiderate religious people!
  • Options
  • Options
    Haha, told you not to listen to me :p

They were talking about both on CBeebies yesterday, I must've got confuzzled.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    Haha, told you not to listen to me :p

They were talking about both on CBeebies yesterday, I must've got confuzzled.

hehe cbeebies too complicated for you?? when i watch it with my neice i cant keep up! ooo pretty colours.
  • Options
    Diwali is on the 21st of October.

For some reason on my calender of Indian bank holidays the 24th is Bhai Beej - but that could well be the Hindi word for Eid!
  • Options
    Ramadan doesn't finish until sometime next week, one of my lab demonstrators is fasting at the moment and apparently we have one more week of peace before he's back to his usual irritating self!
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Diwali is a Hindu and Sikh fesitval, the Festival of Lights, and I think that is tomorrow.

I used to love Diwali. We used to live next to a married couple from India, and they alwasy had us round for Diwali. It was great seeing this massive extended family coming together, and the decorations and prezzies, and the food she used to make was scrummy. Her mum came over from India for Diwali, and she made these awsome indian sweets :yum: Oooo and the fireworks :)
  • Options
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    sophia wrote:
    I'm going out tonight with some colleagues to celebrate Diwali, I'm excited, I've not ever done that before so hopefully it will be fun :hyper:

Cool :D - I'm jealous. I bet the food will be amazing. :yum:
  • Options
    PLEASE let it be soon cos the people upstairs have their kitchen over our bedroom and are banging pots and pans round at 4 in the morning :grump:
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    hehe cbeebies too complicated for you??
    At 6.30am yes :p
  • Options
    The 23 of Octomberr.
  • Options
    It’s Divali today, we’ve got a live webcam link up with our colleagues over in Mumbai (wow, we can actually see them confusing customers now :hyper: ), Bollywood film on and we’ve got our desks decorated, had traditional Indian sweeties handed out (flying saucers), the lot.

Woweeeeeeee.
  • Options
    Diwali is like fireworks night with curry :yum:I think its narborough road.. in Leicester, they have a big festival and you can buy sweeties and stuff and its lovely.

Sorry, random.