Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Forms...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is going to sound a little odd, but it's been absolutely ages since I did anything like this, so if you can help, it'd be great.

For college, I have to collect x amount of filled in questionnaires. Since printing them, posting them, collecting them etc takes forever and a day considering this is the easiest part of my work, I figured if I just made a form on Angelfire, and gave people the address, all their answers would be emailed to me directly and then there they are, sitting in my inbox for me to finish this part of the project off quickly and get onto the harder bits.

So I sat down today, and made the form. It's just a really BASIC everyday form, radio buttons, tick boxes, and a couple of text boxes. I made it exactly how I made them at school a few years ago ( or so I thought). When I did it then, they worked perfectly fine.

Now, when I tested the form out, it let me fill it in perfectly easily, and I clicked the submit button. Instead of just sending (like my forms at school did) it bought up my outlook express, and tried to email it through there. On my computer, this isn't a problem, but most of the people who've offered to fill it in for me, don't have outlook express.

Is there anyway I can get around this happening? Anyone know what I can add to my HTML to make it work? It's driving me barmy that I can't think what I've done wrong!

Comments

• Options
    Google for "html forms" or "creating html forms", there is tons and tons of stuff there :).
  • Options
    You need a PHP script for the form to work properly.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    This is going to sound a little odd, but it's been absolutely ages since I did anything like this, so if you can help, it'd be great.

For college, I have to collect x amount of filled in questionnaires. Since printing them, posting them, collecting them etc takes forever and a day considering this is the easiest part of my work, I figured if I just made a form on Angelfire, and gave people the address, all their answers would be emailed to me directly and then there they are, sitting in my inbox for me to finish this part of the project off quickly and get onto the harder bits.

So I sat down today, and made the form. It's just a really BASIC everyday form, radio buttons, tick boxes, and a couple of text boxes. I made it exactly how I made them at school a few years ago ( or so I thought). When I did it then, they worked perfectly fine.

Now, when I tested the form out, it let me fill it in perfectly easily, and I clicked the submit button. Instead of just sending (like my forms at school did) it bought up my outlook express, and tried to email it through there. On my computer, this isn't a problem, but most of the people who've offered to fill it in for me, don't have outlook express.

Is there anyway I can get around this happening? Anyone know what I can add to my HTML to make it work? It's driving me barmy that I can't think what I've done wrong!

It's pretty easy to make form like that using Frontpage

But then you need a frontpage enabled website to host it on not sure angel fire would work with it.

I'd look on here

http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Remotely_Hosted/Form_Processing/