Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ebay / paypal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey i need some help i'm a bit confused with something.

Bought an item on the 9th october. Payment went through etc item arrived next day, couldnt believe that ! Was very chuffed.

Anyway. This morning i found two emails in my account from paypal. The first explained that payment was turned down from my bank due to a direct debit dispute and as a result the account it was from has been taken off paypal. So i followed the link to add a new card, feeling somewhat confused. That new card is added now and verified. Whilst i was doing that i realised what had happened. I had not gotten around to adding my new debit card to paypal and had tried to pay with the card i do not use anymore. Oops a big oversight on my part. I have sent the seller a couple of emails explaing what had happened with a big apology but i'm still confused by some things.

The second email says " You recently attempted to transfer funds from your bank account. Your bank has declined the funds transfer. We have charged your credit card to cover your payment to " ... What does it mean charged ? Sorry i realise how daft that makes me sound asking it but i need to be sure.

Now under transaction details it's also confusing me. Has payment *actually* been sent ? I can't tell because it says " failed transfer " then says " completed " with todays date and " -£x.xx GBP "

" add funds from bank account " .. " failed "

" Charge from Credit Card " .. " Completed "

" Failed Transfer " ... " Completed "

the second two have todays date on them... Has payment been made ?

eugh the confusion. I'm such a fucking idiot. :banghead:

Thank you in advance for any help, the quicker the better 'cause i'm heading off to my bank shortly.

Comments

• Options
    lmao, sounds like its proper fucked up !

One thing i will say is, be careful when clicking links in emails, id rather just open and internet explorer and go directly to the site and log in. A lot safer.

Get in contact with PayPal.

Has the moeny been taken out of your bank account ?
  • Options
    It sounds to me that when the original card was declined paypal took the money out of the second one to pay for the item.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    satehen wrote:
    It sounds to me that when the original card was declined paypal took the money out of the second one to pay for the item.

:yes:

Can you not access your different accounts to check if the money has / has not gone out? The person who you bought the item from wouldn't have sent the item out unless your payment cleared.
  • Options
    At the time it happened there was no second account which was another thing that confused me as it did mention that they took it out of my secondary account. Puzzled so i was, to say the least.

Anyway, i got it sorted. The seller replied to my emails saying he HAD received the funds and on time. I went to the bank and the girl checked the account said there were no charges etc. She did see an transaction waiting to come out which was for the same amount and just by chance i happened to have a little cash on me so put that in the account to cover it.

I can only assume paypal covered the payment and was going to take it back off me. Got that covered now though.

What a strange situation and i must say. I havent used paypal / ebay for a LONG time but i found that it wasnt easy to find the answers i wanted via their website. Makes you realise how when you get into difficulty they dont make it easy at all for you.

It's a good thing i have a good relationship with the seller. Worried me no end though !