Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hair follicle drug testing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys im new on here but was hoping that someone can give me some advice.

I am due to have a hair test very soon and need to know how long most drugs stay in your sytem.
I also take prozac and zimovane daily so will these stay in your system and show on your test................

any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the way it works is that the more toxic a substance is to your body, the faster it is expelled. Therefore, I would expect cannabis shows up long after cocaine has gone. What are they testing for? Surely they have to specifically test for things for them to be detected? And, have you tried google?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    TheSite.org has some information on drug testing in these factsheets -
    How drug tests work
    Drug testing at work
    Erowid also has some useful information in their Drug Testing Vault, as does Drugscope.

Hope that helps...
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    With hair testing, you're able to tell what drugs you've used recently as well as those that you've used in the past, because trace amounts of chemical substances can be entrapped in a hair's cortex.

If you consider that hair grows about a centimetre per month, you could take a rough estimate of much of a 'diary' of drug use a hair test could create. Even so, drugs have to be taken over a period of time and be taken at least three or four times for use to show up on a test.