Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

random spots

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
More for the girls i would imagine....
So im worrying a little bit and i'm not sure if i have reason.

I have shaved my bikini line for ages but few months ago, decided i wanted a change and did it all. Everything was fine until last week perhaps when these little white spots appeared. They pretty much look like a pus filled spot, not very pleasant but i have to say i popped one lol Gross i know :)
Anyways,
At the back of my mind i'm thinkin, taht couldnt be some kind of infection i've caught? bearing in mind i've not had sex in over 3/4 months! and even then it was totally safe sex..

In my head im thinking, its just little spots from like ingrowing hairs from not using a sharp enough razor, and also the fact that at work i wear really tight trousers, and run around gettin stupidly hot for at least 9 hours...

Last week i didnt shave and didnt notice any spots at all when i looked but since i shaved now they have appeared again :mad:

ANyone had anything similar??

Comments

• Options
    I think I'll need a pic of that, can't really imagine what you're talking about :naughty:
    I kid, I kid :)

The only thing I can suggest is, either stop shaving and start trimming (if at all), or improve your shaving equipment/technique.

Get a good razor, do it under the hot shower with lots of soap or foam. Gentle strokes and not too often over the same spot, moisten afterwards. sounds like a chore but isn't really.

If you keep having those spots then just stop shaving, it's not life dependent, I reckon.

Alternatively you could try to wax.

cheers.

/edit: moreover don't wear any "plastic" down there. If the fabric of your pants/trousers doesn't absorb the sweat you get ugly red dots and itch down there, when shaven.
  • Options
    My guess would be something to do with, what you said, the sharpness of the razor or your clothing. Some type of irritation most likely. When I used to shave it happened alot. Hence why razors don't go near it. I assumed it to be almost like a zit and treated it like one. Put an astrengent on it, even a little zit cream if you want, wash it with a facial cleanser. Made them go away.
  • Options
    Cheers guys! Thats what i been thinking too.

Erm dont tend to wear "Plastic" but will bear that in mind lol

Thanks for advice think i'll stop shaving for a while anyway, altho im really not a waxing girl so i'll just have to keep the shaved look for "special occasions" haha

• Options
    Yeah, basically what StubbleS says. Make sure you exfoliate after as well to prevent razor bumbs and that.
  • Options
    Yeah, I get um occasionally. Definitely down to shaving - they seem to crop up after then, and stick around for a week or so. Horrid little blighters aren't they?
  • Options
    you should use a 'tea tree oil' moisturiser after shaving which acts as an atiseptic. you could also use a 'tea tree oil' concentrated oil also on specific awkward spots.
    i actually got these spots after being waxed for the first time so its not just caused by shaving. i was given this advice by the salon and they all disappeared after a day or 2. also try gently exfoliating the area to stop ingrowing hairs.
  • Options
    I'd imagine, as i shave my bits with a razor, you get tiny little cuts, which don't bleed and you can't see, but they do break the skin. You've got squillions of bacteria on your skin, that gets into the cut and you get a small infected spot (that's what my consultant said anyway). Used to happen to me all the time. What i do now is have a good wash 'down there' with some antibacterial hand cleanser, shave, rinse, then wash again with AB hand cleanser. Pat yourself dry, don't rub, with a clean towel and make sure you put on some clean undies. Since i started doing this, ive never had the spot problem.