Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Things To Do In Leicester?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm meant to be in Leicester on October 26th, will be on my own but have never been to Leicester. Can anyone suggest anything to do there please? Even if it's just stuff like shopping or something similar.
Thanks.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well as you said theres shopping but other things to do:

Admire the number of traffic lights (apparently leicester has the most traffic lights per square mile according to my driving instructor)

Marval at the quality of peoples driving (true it might not be as bad as some places but I still find it terrible)

Other than that I cant think of much else to do off hand.

PS there probably is other stuff to do but I dont live there so I wouldn't know.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have just asked my hubby who is a Leicester boy and he says that there is nowt there and you should just go to the pub :yes:
  • Options
    if you want to shop, the city centre has places like gap and river island and stuff like that, or you can go fosse park but thats in the outskirts.

or you can go melton road, where they have the diwali lights up. thats pretty coll.

other than that there jack to do. unless you wanna go to crappy bars .
  • Options
    I have just asked my hubby who is a Leicester boy and he says that there is nowt there and you should just go to the pub :yes:

LOL
  • Options
    there's some alright shops. go shopping!

or go and see my sister who lives in hinckley.
  • Options
    Lol, so true about the traffic lights and bad drivers (me being the exception of course!). Erm, there really is not much to do besides drinking or shopping. I like Leicester in the way that it's my hometown so i've grown up with it kinda thing, but it's never been much good for keeping you amused. We must have one of the worst council's going. They don't wanna invest any money in anything that wont pay them back. The result being, that they are continually ploughing everything down to build more shops. They recently knocked down superbowl and a multistorey car park to extend the shopping centre that just doesn't need extending. Damn, this is just turning into a rant. Sorry, no help at all. It sucks and that's that...!

Can i ask why you're coming?
  • Options
    Can i ask why you're coming?

I'm staying with a friend of mine from Wednesday evening - Friday morning who is taking me to a gig in Wolverhampton on the Thursday evening.
  • Options
    Ah right. I suggest just hanging out with your friend then...!
  • Options
    She's at work, so I'm on my own for the day. She did suggest meeting up with another friend of mine who lives in Leicester though.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    She's at work, so I'm on my own for the day. She did suggest meeting up with another friend of mine who lives in Leicester though.

I'd go with that. Better to do something with a friend. Really isn't much to amuse somebody on their own...
  • Options
    isnt the british space centre thingy in leicester? not sure if anything goes on there tho, never been or heard much about it.

other than that, go shop and get drunk
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    isnt the british space centre thingy in leicester? not sure if anything goes on there tho, never been or heard much about it.

It is. Never been though, so can't comment on that...