Home Drink & Drugs
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here

Responsible drug use...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, a lot of people will probably disagree with me here... but in my experience, both with friends and myself, I have to say that I think, as long as you are well informed, never take something alone, try to ensure a safe environment, and BUY AN E-TESTING KIT mostly you will be okay. It's true that you never really know what you are getting when you buy a drug, but mostly the dealer will just have cut the drug with sugar or similar so he can spread what he's got further and make more money, rather than putting powdered glass in it. At the end of the day, dealers are out to make cash, and you don't do that by killing off your customer base.
The law is harsh on carrying narcotics, and if you want to take that risk,and know what will happen if you are caught, you have only yourself to blame.
The major exceptions to this are heroin/speed/crack/GHB ,these are dicey at best, speed can bring up underlying mental problems with one use, I've seen it happen, and all of the above are some of the most addictive drugs on the market, and the most dangerous.
And before anyone comes out with it, yes, I know that peanuts kill more people than E's every year!

Comments

  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,194 Skive's The Limit
    GHB used responsibly is one of the safest I think you'll find.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey skive :)
    The main problem with it is that It is not always what it seems to be I think. It does'nt mix AT ALL well with mdma or alchol either. I tend to find being collapsed and vomiting in a corner does'nt go down so well at parties!
    The reason I name GHB is actually because my mate had a heart attack on it after mixing it with booze, she was only 17, and had nothing wrong with her that they could find (she did'nt die by the way).
    The hozzie said that things like that are quite common with the drug.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,194 Skive's The Limit
    djrafikie wrote:
    Hey skive :)
    The main problem with it is that It is not always what it seems to be I think. It does'nt mix AT ALL well with mdma or alchol either. I tend to find being collapsed and vomiting in a corner does'nt go down so well at parties!
    The reason I name GHB is actually because my mate had a heart attack on it after mixing it with booze, she was only 17, and had nothing wrong with her that they could find (she did'nt die by the way).
    The hozzie said that things like that are quite common with the drug.

    But that's not repeonsible drug use is it? Mixing GHB with alcohol is especially silly.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    djrafikie wrote:
    Hey skive :)
    The main problem with it is that It is not always what it seems to be I think. It does'nt mix AT ALL well with mdma or alchol either. I tend to find being collapsed and vomiting in a corner does'nt go down so well at parties!
    The reason I name GHB is actually because my mate had a heart attack on it after mixing it with booze, she was only 17, and had nothing wrong with her that they could find (she did'nt die by the way).
    The hozzie said that things like that are quite common with the drug.

    Was that the fault of GHB or the fault of the person?

    If she had mixed valium with alcohol would you have blamed the fault on valium?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You would'nt collapse with a heart attack on valium.
    The point of the thread is not to debate who and who has not used drugs responsibly, it's more to debate the ethics of if it is more or less okay to use drugs if you use them responsibly or are informed.
    Somone who is totally anti drug use would blame anyone who had taken anything, in entirety, for anything that happened to them whilst high.
    I would'nt, personally, and would also point out that there are a number of drugs you can mix quite safetly (like lsd and pot for instance). You can't really get that kind of information of the net, as a general rule.
    The Hozzie actually said that HEART ATTACKS were quite common with GHB, and that mixing it with the booze probably did'nt make any difference, it did make treating her a lot harder for them though, as they could'nt give her asprin based medications which are (apparently) used for heart attacks a lot.

    I guess therefore the moral there is that if you are willing to risk a heart attack, you might want to avoid booze so you stand a better chance of surviving it.

    Maybe I should have worded my GHB comment a little more fully.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,194 Skive's The Limit
    djrafikie wrote:
    The Hozzie actually said that HEART ATTACKS were quite common with GHB, and that mixing it with the booze probably did'nt make any difference,

    Really?

    http://www.bhf.org.uk/professionals/printout.asp?secID=15&secondlevel=471&thirdlevel=759&artID=3689
    GHB (Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid)

    GHB can cause coma and low blood pressure, but there is otherwise no evidence that it harms the heart or blood vessels.

    Used repsonsibly i.e with a correct dose and without mixing GHB is one of the 'safer' drugs out there yet you've put it in the same list as crack.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    djrafikie wrote:
    You would'nt collapse with a heart attack on valium.

    No, but you could easily top yourself. My point wasnt really to do with the GHB, it was the way some chemicals are blamed for problems when it is really the fault of the user and the failure of drugs education.

    On a broader point, yes, I do believe that a regulated market where informed consumers were able to use drugs (with the exception of heroin and cocaine) without fear of the police would improve the current situation.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    "On a broader point, yes, I do believe that a regulated market where informed consumers were able to use drugs (with the exception of heroin and cocaine) without fear of the police would improve the current situation."

    I completely agree with you, 100%
    LEGALISE IT.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know Speed has a bad reputation and possibly could bring up underlying mental problems by using it once, but I wouldn't put that in the same list as crack and heroin, I've heard stories of people who have tried Cannabis once and turned into a schizophrenic, but the chances are very, very slim
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    GHB used responsibly is one of the safest I think you'll find.
    It also makes yous peak the truth!!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    budda wrote:
    No, but you could easily top yourself. My point wasnt really to do with the GHB, it was the way some chemicals are blamed for problems when it is really the fault of the user and the failure of drugs education.

    On a broader point, yes, I do believe that a regulated market where informed consumers were able to use drugs (with the exception of heroin and cocaine) without fear of the police would improve the current situation.

    two very good points, both reflecting my views precisely.

    djr, I don't think I would label speed as one of the most dangerous drugs though...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    VinylVicky wrote:
    It also makes you speak the truth!!!

    Really ? Great ! If we do manage a night out, i'll get you some and get ya pin numbers off ya :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Really ? Great ! If we do manage a night out, i'll get you some and get ya pin numbers off ya :D
    u can have em, there's eff all in there :D yes to the gb :D It's dirt cheap round here ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    VinylVicky wrote:
    u can have em, there's eff all in there :D

    Always the way :(

    I did GHB once, didn't really do anythign, but then i didn't have much, i think.
  • JadedJaded back for more Posts: 2,682
    You barely need any at all, the potential for overdose is very high as it is is generally very concentrated.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah I'd say I have the amount of a sugar cube, say once an hour usually when I'm havign a session. That frequently can make you feel sick though, you know how your body feels though and it's about practicing, upping the dosage and time scale to how you feel. Start with a really small amount and build your way up to find your medium.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LadyJade wrote:
    You barely need any at all, the potential for overdose is very high as it is is generally very concentrated.

    Well, yes and no.

    You can OD on it if you dont know how much you are using, and it can be very concentrated (liquid can be as strong as 1ml = 1g) but if you know how much to use there isnt any reason why someone would OD.

    The reason people OD is because they either mix it with alcohol (v.stupid) or they buy it in an unknown strength.
  • JadedJaded back for more Posts: 2,682
    Jesus Buddah, I am trying to do a bit of risk management here - you measure the dosage in drops rather than swigs, right? So it is better to be cautious in the first instance, right? I'll be the first one to apologise if what I have said is innacurate, but I'm standing by this one.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LadyJade wrote:
    Jesus Buddah, I am trying to do a bit of risk management here - you measure the dosage in drops rather than swigs, right? So it is better to be cautious in the first instance, right? I'll be the first one to apologise if what I have said is innacurate, but I'm standing by this one.

    Definitely, a dose could be as low as 1.5ml which obviously its impossible to measure by sight without a syringe. But this really is quite unlikely, a dealer wouldnt sell you liquid this concentrated without at least pointing it out, you'd question the small amount for a start.

    If you dont know the concentration then a very very small starting dose is vital. And of course never ever swig from a bottle or mix it with any other downer.

    P.S - sorry, I'll try in future not to be quite so anal.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A good way is to make up caps with a standard dose using a dropper.
Sign In or Register to comment.