Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

close friends - but how close?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heres another question for u.

do people think thats it is ok to snog or sleep with close friends - but not want a relationship with them. I hav heard that some people have sleeping partners who they can snog/sleep with just cos their good friends, with no strings attached.
i know a lovely girl who is moderately good looking and i get on really well with. I dont want a relationship and she doesnt with me but we can get quite close at points. should i go with her?
im just unsure if we'd get too attached and then end up hurting each other.

any of u been in a similar situation? hav u had good or bad experiences with it?

let me know.

Comments

• Options
    I have a feeling you will be putting your friendship on the line. People talk about how meaningless sex can be but when its friend with friend it can get a little weird.

If neither of you want a relationship then go for it but bear in mind that things *might* be different once youve done it.
  • Options
    Hi Fraggle,

Coincidentially I have just posted something similar today! Have a read.. it's from the woman's point.. I think that between friends it can go either way but as you say eventually someone may end up getting hurt and that's the friendship fucked.. You should talk to her about it first and then go with the flow..
  • Options
    I don't think it's a good plan ever really. I used to sleep with one of my exes every now and again and it just ended up getting weird. As much as we said it was just a physical thing there comes a point where it's more than that.

And this is going from us hating each other when we broke up and the casual sex first started!